Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Star ranking

Add topic

sigep77 said

1.  When's the last time the beach won us a football game?

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2013, 12:38 PM #318377

LMAO!!!!  Post of the day!!!

Back to the top

sigep77 said

2.  Amari Cooper loved Miami, had the opportunity for immediate playing time but instead chose Alabama.  Why?  He said his love for WINNING was greater than his love for immediate playing time at home.

3.  Our weight room is a joke and all of our student-athlete learning areas need to be improved/renovated.  Yeah, come play in a nice, new, empty stadium.

First off, thank god you don't work for the team. But to answer your question.

1. Never.
  2. That's one person's opinion.
  3. The stadium itself is nice. It lacks fans because no one wants to see a talentless team lose to a school that no one cares about.

So let's examine your pitch: Hey, kid! Since no other school in the country is interested in you, how about you play for FAU?! What's that? You're coming off a leg injury. We don't care about that. We take anyone!
Back to the top

Captain Owlmerica said

sigep77 said

2.  Amari Cooper loved Miami, had the opportunity for immediate playing time but instead chose Alabama.  Why?  He said his love for WINNING was greater than his love for immediate playing time at home.

3.  Our weight room is a joke and all of our student-athlete learning areas need to be improved/renovated.  Yeah, come play in a nice, new, empty stadium.

1. Never.
  3. The stadium itself is nice. It lacks fans because no one wants to see a talentless team lose to a school that no one cares about.

So let's examine your pitch: Hey, kid! Since no other school in the country is interested in you, how about you play for FAU?! What's that? You're coming off a leg injury. We don't care about that. We take anyone!

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2013, 1:31 PM #318379

You really can't be this stupid, can you?

Look, I made it clear.  Stars, F*CKING STARS, that you crave are indicative of how many national camps a kid attended, how many MAJOR school camps a kid attended, Army All American game selection, Under Armor game selection, which school legitimately OFFERED the kid a scholly and then their are the freaks that you know are "can't miss" 4 & 5* recruits.

I didn't say recruit the dregs of the high school ranks.

I said the kids we are recruiting may not be highly ranked because they just might be dirt poor and can't go to the camps or they have sh!tty coaches that don't push their tape more.

Finally I said WE, FAU, should hold MORE camps at CHEAPER costs so MORE kids come meaning MORE chances to evaluate.  I would much rather a coach that spends time EVALUATING talent LIVE than recruiting from Scout, Rivals, ESPN or 24/7 sports.

You recruit that way, I'll recruit my way and when we line up, my team will run train on you.

I'm done with you and your nonsense.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2013, 3:41 PM #318386

Can I get a hot tub?
Back to the top

Getting a little too heavy.

Tone it down.

Thanks
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Captain Owlmerica said

sigep77 said

1. Never.

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2013, 1:31 PM #318379

Look, I made it clear.  Stars, F*CKING STARS, that you crave are indicative of how many national camps a kid attended, how many MAJOR school camps a kid attended, Army All American game selection, Under Armor game selection, which school legitimately OFFERED the kid a scholly and then their are the freaks that you know are "can't miss" 4 & 5* recruits.

I said the kids we are recruiting may not be highly ranked because they just might be dirt poor and can't go to the camps or they have sh!tty coaches that don't push their tape more.

Finally I said WE, FAU, should hold MORE camps at CHEAPER costs so MORE kids come meaning MORE chances to evaluate.  I would much rather a coach that spends time EVALUATING talent LIVE than recruiting from Scout, Rivals, ESPN or 24/7 sports.

You recruit that way, I'll recruit my way and when we line up, my team will run train on you.

Dirt poor your right those miami central kids are loaded that's why you never see them get noticed……. 
Maybe the worst point ever made on this website.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

I can't be this stupid?! Listen, genius. FAU has lost 38 of their last 52 games. And you're telling me the reason our recruits weren't ranked, is because they are poor or had bad HS coaches, and not because they lack talent?

Well let me disprove your theory, smart guy. 2012 FAU recruit Arthur Crouse, who didn't receive any stars, participated in camps, has published results, and received offers from other FBS teams. So clearly, his coaches sent his tape, clearly he participated in camps, and clearly he didn't have any stars to his name, according to ESPN.

I cannot believe how dumb you really are. Please tell me that your caretakers make you wear a helmet.

Back to the top

Last warning, stop the flaming, or go sit in the corner for a time out - your call.
Back to the top

You've gotta stop going back that far. Yes our recruiting sucked, yes our record was abysmal and the school made a complete change.

This past recruiting class was the first true class that CP should be judged on. We can all agree that Howard's word ran out and he wasn't able to bring kids into the program, I think it was for lack of facilities, you think it's because he didn't "wish" hard enough or something so we can disagree on that, but we all agree it had to get better.

So the last time I checked, the February class had more 3 star players than any other class in FAU history, so there has been improve,ent, and the reason why Im satisfied, for now, is its what I think we should expect from a guy that's only got 1 of 3 good facilities (we have the worst weight room in NCAA, no academic center) and the budget constraints that he experiences at FAU.

Want to know why South Alabama out recruits us? Where do players spend 75% of their time? Here's the answer to both of those questions

Back to the top

All is quiet on the western front...
Back to the top
Control functions: