Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Star ranking

Add topic

Tim FAU98 said

All is quiet on the western front…
Posted On: Sep 24th 2013, 10:07 AM #318400

:Laughing:
Back to the top

IMHO we left Division II(? - I'm never sure if that is right,) too soon.  It was fun being competitive and going to the semi-finals!  I know…we would not be where we are today with the stadium, etc.  But I was there for those games and it was exciting!  :smile:
Back to the top

dcoker309 said

IMHO we left Division II(? - I'm never sure if that is right,) too soon.  It was fun being competitive and going to the semi-finals!  I know…we would not be where we are today with the stadium, etc.  But I was there for those games and it was exciting!  :smile:
Posted On: Sep 24th 2013, 2:51 PM #318419

We weren't in Div II. We were in Div1AA now known as FCS.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

dcoker309 said

Posted On: Sep 24th 2013, 2:51 PM #318419

I was there too…but the excitement will return 10 fold when we are hosting the C-USA football championship in our stadium AND going to and winning bowl games.  I know some people want that now with two recruiting classes and 16 games under Pelini's belt.
Back to the top

Those days were great, but you've gotta jump on that ship when it's setting sail and the timing was right for us to make the move.

Heck in 2007 we sure didn't think we'd made the move up too fast :)
Back to the top

I agree teambeer & Tim and thanks for the correction illinoisowl!  I'm just an old-ish guy reminiscing about the past.  
Back to the top

dcoker309 said

I agree teambeer & Tim and thanks for the correction illinoisowl!  I'm just an old-ish guy reminiscing about the past.
Posted On: Sep 25th 2013, 2:22 PM #318458
No problem. That original team was just a real good team. they beat hawaii at hawaii for crying out load. I was up till 3 or 4 in the morning listening to the game on a dial up connection.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: