Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chicago Alumni Bar!

Add topic

Smitty,
  So i hear good news from down south… We've got an Alumni Bar up here in Chicago! During the long 4hr drives in the rain this weekend to and from MSU, 'FAUALUM2005' and I talked a lot about how excited and ready we are to get the Alumni Bar up and rolling. We expect good things every week. What have you gotten prepared for us at the bar? (specials, 100% gauraunteed coverage, flags, posters, jersies, etc…?)

After 2 - 4hr drives in the rain we though about making the trip to MINN next week, but its just too much. 'FAUALUM2005' and I are ready to get the Alumni Bar up and rolling Saturday for the game!

Coach Schnellenberger quotes:
“It's no secret that this state produces high-quality players, … And there is no reason why every team in the state can't become a winning one.” “Even after Florida, FSU and Miami take theirs, you still have an abundance of talent right here.”
Back to the top

Re: Chicago Alumni Bar!

Thanks J-Me.

First, … I am not organizing the watch party. Any watch party is organized by the FAU Alumni Office. With that being said, I did help a lot to get it going…but from here on out…it's the Alumni office's deal. I just want to make sure credit is given to the ones to deserve it.

Next, The Grand Central has said they will have the FAU game on TV. I will call this week and double-check.

As far as flags, etc… I was told there was little to not budget for these watch parties. I can completely understand that because of the increased programming they are doing with the new Marleen and Harold Forkas Alumni Center and the tailgates at Texas and MSU.

Lee Collier did say that some goodies were in the mail. I assume the goodies include FAU NAA brochuers (y'all better join!!!!!), some pom poms, key chains and Owl Books. Again, I don't know what's in the box, but that's usually typical.

I'm also working with Coach Schnellenberger's wonderful and amazing secretary to get y'all some autographed stuff.

Thanks for your enthusiasm. What we need help with is getting people there! Of course, we want FAU people to come, but bring your friends and family too. The more Owl fans the better!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Hi!!! I'd love to meet some fellow FAU Alum in Chicago…..anyone??  I'm a graduate of 2000 with BA in Mathematics.  Email me at sabrinabier (a) gmail.com!
Back to the top

Sabrina Bier said

Hi!!! I'd love to meet some fellow FAU Alum in Chicago…..anyone??  I'm a graduate of 2000 with BA in Mathematics.  Email me at sabrinabier (a) gmail.com!
Posted On: Nov 15th 2013, 3:31 PM #321473

I know there are alum up there . I am a 3 hours south of Chicago in central Illinois.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Chicago Alumni Bar!

illinoisowl said

Sabrina Bier said

Posted On: Nov 15th 2013, 3:31 PM #321473

I know there are alum up there . I am a 3 hours south of Chicago in central Illinois.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2013, 11:12 AM #322504

The alumni association more than likely has a roster of people in the Chicago area. You should contact them.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: