Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hot Board: Recruits to watch with Partridge in place

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

With new FAU coach Charlie Partridge stressing today at the press conference his desire to recruit South Florida, I'm expecting a lot of different prospects to enter the picture for the Owls. While this list is in no way official (Partridge hasn't even been on the job for 24 hours) here are some names from around the area that I expect Partridge to reach out to.

Ryan Crozier OL - Partridge was recruiting Crozier when he was at Arkansas and has been a frequent visitor at St. Thomas Aquinas over the years. Crozier hasn't said much on his recruitment up until this point, but is considered a Houston-lean. He will visit the Cougars on Jan. 17th, but that still leaves time for the 3-star lineman to schedule an official to FAU.

Stephen Louis WR - Louis was at one time committed to Western Michigan before flipping to NC State. Like with Crozier, he had an Arkansas offer on the table and was being courted by the Razorbacks. Partridge is friends with Palm Beach Lakes head coach Willie Snead and Louis fits the mold of the desired spread offense. Look for at least some contact here with the 3-star wideout and maybe even a visit.

LaJuan Hunt RB - Sticking with the trend of friends of Partridge, University School head coach Roger Harriott was at the press conference on Tuesday to show support of the new hire. Hunt is an undervalued running back who was at one time committed Air Force, but wanted to rethink his options. He has an official to Utah State lined up in January, but has been on FAU's campus before.

Ezra Saffold WR - At 5-foot-7, Saffold has been overlooked by a lot of schools. He took an official to Arkansas earlier this fall with another Razorback target, but wasn't offered. He might not be SEC-talent, but this is a speedy wideout that Partridge has been contact with and can contribute at this level.

Nicholas Richardson LB - A "tweener" outside linebacker, Richardson is currently pledged to Colorado State. He's raw, but could develop into a fluid pass rusher given time to develop. Partridge coached with Carol City head coach Aubrey Hill back at Pittsburgh, and this is another prime example of trying to keep a kid home.

Renard Cheren LB - FAU is in need of linebackers, and Cheren - who's committed to Northern Illinois - is a viable target. He's spoken with Partridge before and taken a few unofficial visits to FAU. He could be the first of a number of Northern Illinois commits from the area that Partridge goes after.

Edgar Cerenord DT - Defensive tackle isn't a glaring need, but Cerenord is one of the top uncommitted prospects remaining in Broward County. Purdue seems to be one of the few schools actively recruiting Cerenord, which could open the door for a new brand of FAU football.
Back to the top

First and foremost I know Fl has a lot of good football players but that does not mean they can't branch out from time to time!  Hence I have a kid that would love to be a student ATH at FAU as his sister is an alum which would make it easy to recruit him from Sunny California..Watch his film and if anyone has an in to the staff forward the message!
This kid is a PLAYMAKER!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZgkajG4CAk

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/307486/kiante-goudeau
Back to the top

Sportslover said

First and foremost I know Fl has a lot of good football players but that does not mean they can't branch out from time to time!  Hence I have a kid that would love to be a student ATH at FAU as his sister is an alum which would make it easy to recruit him from Sunny California..Watch his film and if anyone has an in to the staff forward the message!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZgkajG4CAk

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/307486/kiante-goudeau
Posted On: Dec 17th 2013, 11:43 PM #324709

I think the point is that…the former guy was going all over the place to find players, which is significantly more expensive scholarship players, but I am pretty sure if their are guys from out of state and want to come to FAU he will look at, but only after they reach out to us.  
Back to the top

Sportslover said

Hence I have a kid that would love to be a student ATH at FAU as his sister is an alum which would make it easy to recruit him from Sunny California..Watch his film and if anyone has an in to the staff forward the message!

Hello Sportlover!

Check out the football site of FAUsports.com and you'll see the Recruiting Tapes link for high school coaches to forward recruit film/info to FAU.

Hope that helps and thanks for thinking of us.
Back to the top

The lists of these recruits is things I love to see! Recruits with how good they are, their talents, and why we have a shot at them!

OWL SOOIE!!!!!

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Great info... thanks as always Andrew!
Back to the top

I know he said he would not target Razorback recruits, but believe this would be fair game…

…four players, sophomore running back Nate Holmes, sophomore linebacker A.J. Turner, junior college transfer linebacker Myke Tavarres and second-year freshman cornerback Ray Buchanan intend to transfer.

Arkansas announces four football players will transfer

Back to the top

They'd have to sit a year though right? Doesnt sound like they are going for hardship waivers.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Not seeing any reason they wouldn't…
Back to the top

Still they are fair game now that they have announced their intentions to transfer and I would assume , received their releases. A good start to the 2015 roster additions, no? SEC caliber players at FAU!
Back to the top