Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Updated: 3-star RB Trey Rodriguez commits

Add topic

Mainland running back Trey Rodriguez committed to FAU.

Thursday morning got off to a positive start for FAU. Mainland running back three-star Trey Rodriguez committed to the Owls after assistant coach Roger Harriot stopped by the school.

Rodriguez tweeted from his personal Twitter account confirming the notion.  

"I just commited to FAU with my new running back coach for the next four years @coachharriott,” the tweet said.

Rodriguez who held offers from the likes of Wisconsin, Boston College and Georgia Tech, was previously on FAU’s campus for a developmental camp. The 5-foot-10, 175 running back confirmed with FauOwlsNest.com that he still plans to visit Southern Miss this weekend. Southern Miss is where former FAU assistant, and Rodriguez's contact Luke Meadows is now coaching.

Rodriguez is the second three-star prospect to verbally commit to the Owls in the past two days.

Back to the top

Trey Rodriquez commits to FAU

Coach Harriott with the first commit today!

Trey Rodriguez

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

That tweet was a violation and he deleted it.  You may want to do the same.   :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

LOL,

Yeah didn't realize that. I'm not used to this much buzz about recruiting season.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Looks like Trey Rodriguez already made a previous commitment….

Top 2104 RB Trey Rodriguez of Seabreeze becomes dad at age 16 - Orlando Sentinel

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Dieter reported it and put a screenshot of it on his article in the Sentinel, makes ya miss Teddy Hutton sometimes.  :)
Back to the top

Back to the top

teambeer said

Dieter reported it and put a screenshot of it on his article in the Sentinel, makes ya miss Teddy Hutton sometimes.  :)
Posted On: Jan 16th 2014, 10:43 AM #326215

Dieters ettiquete and demeanor can leave a lot to be desired, that is for sure.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Here's what I said on Rodriguez back in July.

Back to the top

walty12 said

teambeer said

Posted On: Jan 16th 2014, 10:43 AM #326215

Dieters ettiquete and demeanor can leave a lot to be desired, that is for sure.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2014, 10:53 AM #326218

He's a reporter….It's not his job to police the staff.  Harriott made an honest mistake, but it's sort of newsworthy.  I have no issue with him reporting it.
Back to the top
Control functions: