Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: East Carolina vs. FAU - 01/16/14 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

owlmart said

I remember a few years ago playing at the burrow was compared to player at Cameron Indoor lol
Posted On: Jan 17th 2014, 11:40 AM #326326

Hmmmm…what was your pre-game drink?
Back to the top

There were a few years where the student section actually made a difference.  We need some of those guys to come back and show the current students how it's done.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

There were a few years where the student section actually made a difference.  We need some of those guys to come back and show the current students how it's done.
Posted On: Jan 17th 2014, 3:30 PM #326334

I agree…the student section has no student group leading the rowdiness.  Hopefully the Saturday game will have a more raucous student group!!  Instead of the sedated group we had last night…
Back to the top

last night we did have a large amount of students for it being a Thursday and what not, we do lack the leadership of a MC or maybe just lack of tradition. The free throw owl stomp has all but almost died, but on a lighter note i always see the band trying new things working on getting something started, but it just seems like we don't have the "it" factor to the crowd    :Thinking:  :Thinking:  :Thinking:
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

owlmart said

I remember a few years ago playing at the burrow was compared to playing at Cameron Indoor lol
Posted On: Jan 17th 2014, 3:16 PM #326333
Just to be clear, I did not make this assessment.

"Marvin has been telling me a lot about it, how the crowd is crazy and it's like the Sun Belt Duke," said Eric Frederick
FIUSM | Student Media at Florida International University
Back to the top

owlmart said

Tim FAU98 said

owlmart said

I remember a few years ago playing at the burrow was compared to playing at Cameron Indoor lol
Posted On: Jan 17th 2014, 3:16 PM #326333
Just to be clear, I did not make this assessment.

"Marvin has been telling me a lot about it, how the crowd is crazy and it's like the Sun Belt Duke," said Eric Frederick
FIUSM | Student Media at Florida International University
Posted On: Jan 17th 2014, 4:08 PM #326338

Ahhh, the good old days…

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Matthew Kordas said

last night we did have a large amount of students for it being a Thursday and what not, we do lack the leadership of a MC or maybe just lack of tradition. The free throw owl stomp has all but almost died, but on a lighter note i always see the band trying new things working on getting something started, but it just seems like we don't have the "it" factor to the crowd    :Thinking:  :Thinking:  :Thinking:
Posted On: Jan 17th 2014, 3:52 PM #326337

I thought the band clapping constantly until the first basket was scored was cool…that would be pretty cool if the entire student section was doing that…traditions can't be manufactured, but my comment was a lack of energy and cheering.  Trapp was going insane in the first half with 3 3-ptrs in a row and other than the one section to the left, no reaction!  Yell, stand up and cheer!
Back to the top
Control functions: