Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Visitor List: 01/24/14

Add topic

Here is our listing for the weekend. As always, subject to change as this process has proven to be fluid at times. Thanks goes out to Andrew for his contributions.
Back to the top

Added up top…

Back to the top

Ravian Pierce would be a huge grab.   We need some DLine help badly…that Richardson kid at LB is a stud.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Write up on Darius Harvey above:

What to Like

Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln High School quarterback Darius Harvey is another north Florida prospect that is fun to watch and the more I see him the more I like him. Against Lake City Columbia Harvey got to show off a lot of his athletic skills that led to his first FBS offer from FAU as a cornerback. The first thing that stands out to me about Harvey is toughness and his ability to compete and never quit attitude he displays on the field. He was a man constantly on the run against Columbia spending the entire evening scrambling in the backfield and picking himself up off the ground.

At quarterback he shows good decision making and leadership skills. He throws a very catchable ball and makes smart throws and does of good job of recognizing the coverage and getting the ball to the right receiver. He is also very good at throwing on the run and seems very comfortable out of the pocket. While scrambling away from trouble Harvey got a chance to show off his quick feet and change of direction and you can certainly see his athleticism. As a runner he has good speed and shows the ability to rotate his hips (what I call swivel hips) and make himself skinny when trying to split two would-be tacklers. He also has good vision and field awareness when running the ball. So far this season Harvey has thrown for 659 yards and nine touchdowns and has run for another 160 yards and seven scores.

Room for Improvement

At quarterback Harvey has room for improvement with his mechanics and at times throws off his back foot which lead to over-throws but against Columbia he didn’t have a lot of choice. He could do a better job of being more patient in the pocket but for the most part is very poised and calm running the offense. At 5-foot-11 and 175-pounds his size and ability to see over and past offensive lineman would limit his ability to play quarterback in some college offensive systems. Harvey also needs to work on his arm strength if he plans to choose a college that will allow him to play quarterback. My two questions on Harvey would be does he have the true top end speed to be a major college corner? And secondly can he play quarterback with added arm strength and size because he does make good decisions with the ball.

Thoughts

The more you see Harvey compete the more you like him. He is a smooth and fluid athlete who battles hard and impresses you with his physical toughness and his decision making. He certainly has the athletic ability to play defensive back as he shows both above average speed and the ability to change directions and make people miss in confined space. I think more FBS schools will take a look at Harvey as an athlete as we get deeper into the 2013 season. Based off his athletic ability, production and desire to

Back to the top

So is Alin Eduoard visiting next weekend then?
Back to the top

Also, I love the idea of recruiting QBs as WRs because that opens up more trick plays for us down the line.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jan 24th 2014, 12:39 PM #326893

Up in the air. Not looking good after trip to Syracuse and in-home visit with coaches.
Back to the top

Andrew said

owl2Doc said

Up in the air. Not looking good after trip to Syracuse and in-home visit with coaches.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2014, 1:22 PM #326895

Not being mean but at this point I would like a 300 lb. DT/NT (OR TWO) or a really good pass rushing DE personally, greater need.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Andrew said

owl2Doc said

Posted On: Jan 24th 2014, 1:22 PM #326895

Not being mean but at this point I would like a 300 lb. DT/NT (OR TWO) or a really good pass rushing DE personally, greater need.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2014, 2:18 PM #326898

Kendall could be that 300 DT guy, I can see him putting on 20 to 30 pounds easy  :Smug:
Back to the top

Write up on Marquis Daniel:

Niceville (Fla.) High School defensive end Marqui Daniel may be one of the more under-recruited prospects in north Florida after watching his senior highlight film. Daniel has been lightly recruited this year with just three scholarship offers this far. The 6-foot-3 and 220-pound senior who is taking an official visit to FAU this weekend might be a late steal for someone looking for a defensive end late in the recruiting process.
“Marqui has three offers; they are from Florida Atlantic, Eastern Kentucky and Fairmont State. He is visiting FAU this weekend,” explained Niceville assistant coach Adron Robinson of Daniel’s recruitment.

Several schools who have not offered are still actively recruiting the long, solidly built defender.

“Southern Miss, North Carolina A&T, The Citadel, Air Force and South Dakota State are all recruiting Marqui and it wouldn’t surprise me if one or more of them offered,” said Coach Robinson.

Coach Robinson believes that Daniel’s future is a rush end in college.

“He is a black belt in karate and has a non-stop motor. He has the potential to be a big time rush end in college,” said Coach Robinson of the under-recruited senior.

There is a lot to like about Daniel based of his senior highlight tape. Daniel is long but thick and has the frame to add substantial weight. He comes off the ball hard and will low pads. At times he shows a very quick first step when coming off the ball. Daniel also looks to be strong and uses his hands well in creating space and getting off blocks. He is a physical player who plays extremely hard and pursues the ball relentlessly. It would not surprise me at all to see several schools come in and offer Daniel a scholarship as we head into the last two weeks of the 2014 recruiting cycle.

Back to the top
Control functions: