Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

2014 FAU Football Schedule

Dates & Times Subject to Change with TV Scheduling

TV Schedule:

08-30 @ Nebraska - B10 Network

09-06 @ Alabama - SEC Network

09-13 vs Tulsa - Fox College Sports Atlantic

09-20 @ Wyoming - Mountain West Sports Network

09-27 vs UTSA - Time Warner Cable - Texas Regional Only

10-02 @ FIU - Fox Sports Net

10-18 vs WKU - ASN*

10-25 @ Marshall - Fox Sports 1

11-01 vs UAB - ASN*

11-08 @ North Texas - Fox College Sports Central

11-22 @ MTSU - ASN*

11-29 vs ODU - ASN*

* = FOX, ABC, CBS, MyTV, CW, NBC, Univision & Azteca affiliates

Back to the top

Schedule release via FAU:

Florida Atlantic University, in conjunction with Conference USA, has released its 2014 football schedule.
“We are excited about playing six games in south Florida and for the opportunity to play against storied programs like Nebraska and Alabama,” said Charlie Partridge, FAU’s newly hired head coach.

The C-USA Eastern Division will feature five division games, all randomly selected by a computer scheduling application, and two intra-division matchups in the east will not take place in 2014. The one-year model, meaning that the 2015 conference lineup will change with the addition of Charlotte, will feature two bye weekends and no back-to-back conference road games. A schedule of televised games will be released at a later date. Conference USA’s national television partners for regular-season games are Fox Sports Media Group and CBS Sports Network. The league’s 15th annual championship game, pitting the champions of the East and West Divisions against each other, is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 6 and will be televised by ESPN or ESPN2.

The Owls will open their 2014 slate at the University of Nebraska on Saturday, Aug. 30. The game is a return trip for the Owls who also opened the 2009 season in Lincoln. The following week, FAU will face the University of Alabama, Saturday, Sept. 6. This also is a return trip for FAU which played Alabama in 2012, a year that the Crimson Tide captured the National Championship.

FAU will then host its season home opener and C-USA opener, Saturday, Sept. 13 against the University of Tulsa. The contest will be the first meeting between the two teams.

The Owls will then travel to Wyoming where FAU will face the University of Wyoming Saturday, Sept. 20, completing a home-and-home series that began in 2009 with the Cowboys traveling to South Florida.
FAU returns home to play host to UTSA, Saturday, Sept. 27, and will begin the month of October traveling to Miami to face in-state and C-USA rival FIU, Saturday, Oct. 4.

Play in Boca Raton will resume October 18 as the Owls play host to Western Kentucky University, Saturday, Oct. 18. The two teams had spirited games while in the Sun Belt Conference and WKU will make the transition into C-USA in 2014 led by a former Owl assistant coach, Jeff Brohm, who is now the head coach of the Hilltoppers. The contest also will be the first time WKU has played in FAU’s stadium since the first game ever played in the stadium.

FAU will then travel to Marshall University Saturday, Oct. 25. The Herd defeated FAU on a last second field goal in 2013.

The Owls will then play host to UAB for the second time as a C-USA member, but it will be the sixth time the two teams have squared off, Saturday, Nov. 1. FAU holds the series 4-1.

FAU will travel to Texas where they will face the University of North Texas in an intra-league game, Saturday, Nov. 8. The two teams have met nine previous times with the Owls holding a 6-3 advantage.

The final two games of the 2014 regular season will feature a Saturday, Nov. 22 game at Middle Tennessee and a Saturday, Nov. 29 contest versus Old Dominion at FAU Stadium.

Please note that the schedule is tentative and may change based on the opportunity for television. All game times will be announced a minimum of 12 days prior to the contest. All games will be carried on ESPN 106.3 and www.fausports.com. To purchase tickets call 1-866-FAU-Owls.

Back to the top

Excited to get a rematch at home against WKU who embarrassed us during our home opener of the stadium.
Back to the top

Why is FIU in the middle of the season?

War Damn Owl
Back to the top

Tulsa is an OOC game now, they left CUSA for the AAC! Nice schedule, only sure losses are the two vs. the BigBoys, the next ten are all winnable. Go Owls!
Back to the top

Back to back Thanksgiving week home games. Ugh.
Back to the top

Schedules that start like this one appear to be designed by someone trying to kill the football program (or at least its public support, ticket sales and media attention). 

And year after year, FAU continues to schedule home games on days and at times designed to kill attendance.

It is sad.

What a way to end the regular season - with a game against exciting powerhouse Old Dominion. I'm sure South Florida football fans will come out in droves for that classic contest. ;-) Would it have killed CUSA to leave the FAU-FIU game at the end of the season, giving some spark to a final game that is exciting no matter how each team has done to that point?

Back to the top

bmarkey said

Schedules that start like this one appear to be designed by someone trying to kill the football program (or at least its public support, ticket sales and media attention). 

And year after year, FAU continues to schedule home games on days and at times designed to kill attendance.

It is sad.

What a way to end the regular season - with a game against exciting powerhouse Old Dominion. I'm sure South Florida football fans will come out in droves for that classic contest. ;-) Would it have killed CUSA to leave the FAU-FIU game at the end of the season, giving some spark to a final game that is exciting no matter how each team has done to that point?

Posted On: Feb 3rd 2014, 3:16 PM #327437
who knows how much say FAU has in it. 
What kills me is the Fact FIU has 8 homes games this year. With games against BC Pitt and Louisville. 
Back to the top

That BC is not Boston College. Its Bethune Cookman.

Just once before I die I would lke FAU to have 6 home games.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Don't always agree with Bob but he is spot on regarding this schedule, that is a horrible home schedule…all 5 games.  Then ending after 2 away games and a bye week againt OD, someone that nobody in South Florida has heard of, we might as well be playing DII ball with this home schedule, pathetic.

If it wasn't for the opener for 2015 I would seriously thik about giving up some if not all of my season tickets.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: