Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

We're already 0-5 and the season didn't even start yet……geez….I'll tell you this, the days of us worrying about everyone else are over….they should be worrying about us….We as fans should start to believe the same

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

It will take time to be the power football program we want FAU to be. With the change of coaches it will take some more time. FAU has a lot of new inexperienced coaches.

Players may or may not respond well to the new coaches. Last year when the change was made in coaching the players respond well and we won games.

Even though it always matters who we are playing against, it matters far more how well we play together. The transition of new coaches is always harder on the players than anyone wants to admit. The excitement about the new coaches is coming from the media and some die hard fans.

The players have new bosses with new personalities with new quirks. Since they are young adults trying to manage academic work and college life along with a commitment of 24/7 to demands of college football, the change in coaches and how the players respond to them is the key to next season.
Back to the top

UTSA also lost their starting qb - their star - and they only beat two teams with a winning record last year (N. Texas and Tulane. So they had a good year but are very beatable still! Not a gimme, especially being on the road but they will likely be 0-3 ,with losses to Houston, Arizona and Okie St. and it is a winnable game for us.

Go Owls! Don't bury them (us) already guys, JEEZ!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

UTSA also lost their starting qb - their star…
Posted On: Feb 25th 2014, 4:04 PM #328796

+1

And that is going to leave a mark.

Think Jared Allen graduating, and then go from there…

Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

We're already 0-5 and the season didn't even start yet……geez…
I miss when we were 0-0 and full of hope for the 2014 season.

Back to the top

Updated Schedule
Back to the top

Rick said

Updated Schedule
Posted On: Apr 1st 2014, 4:02 PM #330456

Going for that BIG Thursday night TV slot I see. At least we are at home (UTSA) 5 days before this game, flowwed by a bye week before we play WKU at home (16 days to rest and prepare) for the revenge game for our stadium opener embarassing loss. Bet we dont get shut out (or lose) again!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Going for that BIG Thursday night TV slot I see. At least we are at home (UTSA) 5 days before this game, flowwed by a bye week before we play WKU at home (16 days to rest and prepare) for the revenge game for our stadium opener embarassing loss. Bet we dont get shut out (or lose) again!
Posted On: Apr 1st 2014, 7:52 PM #330465

Not liking this…no rest before a BIG game.

Second year in a row we have to contort and accommodate.

Back to the top

Well FIU is AWAY at UAB the Sat. prior so they have to travel home as well while we don't.
Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Apr 1st 2014, 7:52 PM #330465
Not liking this…no rest before a BIG game.

Second year in a row we have to contort and accommodate.

Posted On: Apr 1st 2014, 8:12 PM #330470
We are playing FIU, I don't see the problem.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: