Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Recruiting Notes 4.17.14

Add topic

FAU assistant coach Bart Miller has started making calls to prospects now that the spring evaluation period has started.

The spring football evaluation period is underway, and with many of the high schools in the state of Florida not holding spring practices until May 1st, much of the FAU coaching staff is still at home, and not on the road. The recruiting however, has already started.

FAU extend a few offers over the past two days, including one to three-star Armwood cornerback Aaron Covington. They have also made contact with a few notable prospects in that time frame. Per NCAA rules, college coaches are allowed to make one phone call to a high school junior in addition to two in-person evaluations between April 15 and May 31, and FAU is already initiating a phone-drive.

Bishop Moore offensive lineman C.J. Riddell received a call for Owls’ assistant coach Bart Miller (pictured) Wednesday night. Riddell holds an offer from Davidson, and has already visited a chunk of Conference-USA schools this spring. It wouldn't be a surprise if he camped at FAU this summer.

Atlanta-based tight end Riley Gessner also got a call on Wednesday. FAU assistant Chris Hurd explained to the three-star prospect the Owls’ interest. Gessener is considered by some a Georgia Tech-lean, but he may be better suited for an offense that utilizes his position more in the passing game.  

FAU offered a pair of teammates at East Lake High in the Tarpon Springs area. Three-star linebacker Carson Lydon and safety Justin Strnad both picked up scholarship bids. East Lake has made it deep playoff runs the past two seasons, and it’s no secret the coaching staff likes players who come from strong programs.

- The Class of 2015 hasn't been the only focus, FAU extend an offer to 16' Palm Beach Gardens safety Devin Studstill, marking the prospect's first offer.

- FAU has also inquired about Niceville quarterback Colby Tuthill. It appears that Dwyer's Daniel Parr is the top option at the position, but the coaches are beginning to explore other players. Wekiva's Bart Bell and Ida S. Baker's Sage Atwood are also in the picture.

- Lake City RB Lonnie Underwood has also received some interest from the staff in the past few days.
Back to the top

Andrew said

- FAU has also inquired about Niceville quarterback Colby Tuthill. It appears that Dwyer's Daniel Parr is the top option at the position, but the coaches are beginning to explore other players.
Posted On: Apr 17th 2014, 5:41 PM #330954

Back to the top

Back to the top

Believe this may be a sign…

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Love it when the owl Signal goes off.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Big get from the staff.

Back to the top

Coach harriots work it would appear.

Back to the top

How good does this twee from Scarlett feel Owl Fans.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

How good does this twee from Scarlett feel Owl Fans.

Posted On: Apr 18th 2014, 3:56 PM #330991

:Yawn:
Back to the top

Hope I'm not getting too excited just to be let down by the time NSD rolls around.  But this sure does feel good!  My concern is…wasn't Causey recently saying that it was his dream to play for the guys down the road?
Back to the top
Control functions: