Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Stadium to Serve as Home Site to Major League Lacrosse

Add topic

owl2Doc said

fauowl said

I am curious to find out if they will sell Launch Gear at the stadium.  I contacted the Launch and offered to create Gear and partially convert my Store into a Launch Fan Shop for home games.  

They didn't give me the time of day.
Posted On: Apr 26th 2014, 3:01 PM #331125

Ooft. Rude. That would have been a great idea.

Hopefully someone here who is going to the game can report back on that. I'm not going (have to study for boards) otherwise I'd help you out.

Posted On: Apr 26th 2014, 3:15 PM #331127
On that note, Florida Launch lost their season opener and only 1200 people showed up today for the game. this is what happens when you fail to market and adapt to the local market.
Back to the top

Besides all the youth programs (lacrosse, soccer, baseball, softball) playing games on Saturdays….might not wanna schedule very many Saturday games IMHO! And I thought it odd tht the first mention on this board of the games was like yesterday…
Marketing, ya gotta spend money to make money! Build it and they will come only happens in movies!
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

On that note, Florida Launch lost their season opener and only 1200 people showed up today for the game. this is what happens when you fail to market and adapt to the local market.

I wonder how much money they have to spend on marketing.

What did they previously draw in their "test" game at our stadium?

Back to the top

Lacrosse is a niche market.  Just throwing marketing dollars at it doesn't necessarily work.  It is no different than my business.  I could spend millions on marketing to people who have no interest.  You have to target market to your niche and it is a lot easier said than done.
Back to the top

Tickets starting at $20 seems steep to me for Lacrosse, especially a start up.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Posted On: Apr 27th 2014, 12:18 PM #331135

Lacrosse is an expensive sport. For the kids that play and want to go, the majority come from affluent families and will easily pay. 
Back to the top

sigep77 said

walty12 said

Posted On: Apr 27th 2014, 12:18 PM #331135

Lacrosse is an expensive sport. For the kids that play and want to go, the majority come from affluent families and will easily pay. 
Posted On: Apr 29th 2014, 5:38 PM #331151

I used to go watch the Detroit Turbo as a kid.  I can assure you most of the fans were not affluent, especially on quarter beer night.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: