Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Wiregrass Ranch LB Jaye Miner Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Jaye Miner visited FAU today at 9:00 AM and liked what he saw. The linebacker has been nicknamed "Bonecrusher".

"It just felt like the place I needed to be", said Miner. "I love the coaches, and I know that our 2015 class will do great things FAU - Fab15."

Jaye Miner
LB
6-3, 205
Wiregrass Ranch High
Wesley Chapel, FL

Jaye Miner - Hudl

Back to the top

Jaye Miner 3* 2015 LB Verbal Commit

Huge get for the future of FAU's defense!

Back to the top

I may be VERY biased, but this is a HUGE commit for our program. Jaye could be an amazing fit for a mike linebacker, especially against spread option offenses. He can stop running backs coming through between the tackles, and has the speed and agility to shut down running quarterbacks.

Here is a link to his highlight tape: Junior Year Film 2013 Season - Jaye Miner highlights
If somebody could get this embeded, that'd be much appreciated!

Jaye is already 6'3" going into his senior year. Only weighs 191 lbs, put that should increase with his age. Jaye runs a 4.67 40 and a 4.38 shuttle. More stats can be found here: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1414222/jaye-mineraye was being recruited by Wisconsin, West Virginia, Kentucky, NC State, and USF, while holding offers from Georgia State, Marshall, and South Alabama, among others. Long story short, it was only a matter of time before some of the bigger programs started to offer Jaye. I am shocked that USF hasn't already.
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

I may be VERY biased, but this is a HUGE commit for our program.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 1:43 PM #331881

If he gains 20 LBS, it could be ridiculous.

Back to the top

I know Jaye. He plays for my alma mater, Wiregrass Ranch. This WILL NOT be one of those guys who we land because of attitude problems. This isn't going to be a situation where we get too excited, and he doesn't register for classes or he underperfroms. Jaye is an honest hard worker who will stray away from bad apples. He has a goal for his life, and he knows that surrounding himself with the right people in the right environment will help him achieve his goals.

The hype on this kid is warranted, and very very real.
Back to the top

I know Jaye. He plays for my alma mater, Wiregrass Ranch.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 2:08 PM #331883

Go Bulls!
Back to the top

fauowl said

I know Jaye. He plays for my alma mater, Wiregrass Ranch.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 2:08 PM #331883
Go Bulls!

Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 2:17 PM #331884
+1000000

GO BULLS, BEAT CHAPEL!!!

Words cannot describe how excited I am for this. In what has been a long time coming, Jaye will be the first WRHS Bull to play ball at FAU! If any of you follow me on Twitter, you most likely made fun of me for my fanboy type excitement that I displayed this morning over Jaye's decision. We preach family back home in Wesley Chapel, where the Tampa suburbs meet the South's charm. A family type love for your community and the brothers that suit up beside you. Remembering those values, it makes perfect sense as to why Jaye picked FAU.

Welcome home fam!
Back to the top

I know we missed on Mack from just up the road in Ft. Pierce (as did EVERYONE ELSE!) but his playing at BUFFALO and still being a top 10 NFL pick has showed (like the CMU O-linman Fisher last year as the No. 1 overall pick) that you DON"T have to play for the elite BigFive BigBoys programs to get your BIGTIME NFL SHOT!

If you have NFL talent, you will get noticed and get your shot and your NFL $$$ playing for ANY FBS program!

Welcome to FAU Jaye!
Back to the top

JDW III…..that's the kind of report I like to read. So much of what we read is opinion  and second hand info.  Let him get to college and work under a strength coach and he will put on 25+.  I'm excited to get to know this kid. Welcome.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

JDW III…..that's the kind of report I like to read. So much of what we read is opinion  and second hand info.  Let him get to college and work under a strength coach and he will put on 25+.  I'm excited to get to know this kid. Welcome.
Posted On: Jun 7th 2014, 2:40 PM #331889

Like Rick said. He puts on 20 lbs, he will be disgustingly good. Hopefully he puts it on after signing day next Spring, because I guarantee the big boys will start calling his name if he puts it on this offseason.

Then again, we offer so much that the bigger programs cannot. I mean, have you seen how coeds!?  :Drooling:
Back to the top
Control functions: