Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015 FAU Football Commit List Discussion Thread

Add topic

Guest said

if Andrew or Dieter cared enough to look into it I bet they would find otherwise..
Posted On: Jul 17th 2014, 10:21 PM #332648

Cared enough?

I have provided more free recruiting coverage for FAU fans than some BCS programs get. I'm not sure what else you would like me to do.

Did Herb have a legitimate offer? Who knows. He said he did, his high school coaches said he did, and there was a pair of FAU assistants at his spring game. Should we have stuck a "soft" verbal next to his name? Recruiting is a game, this is what happens.
Back to the top

Andrew said

I have provided more free recruiting coverage for FAU fans than some BCS programs get.
Posted On: Jul 18th 2014, 9:39 AM #332653

+

Back to the top

You guys also needed to realize that Andrew might know some things that simply can not post because it would potentially ruin relationships with his sources.
I know there I more to this story but will never know all the facts or details.
Back to the top

Rick said

Andrew said

I have provided more free recruiting coverage for FAU fans than some BCS programs get.

+

Posted On: Jul 18th 2014, 9:55 AM #332654

Agree, you do a great job and have a good demeanor.  Keep up the good work.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rick said

Andrew said

+

Posted On: Jul 18th 2014, 9:55 AM #332654

Agree 100%' thank you.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I just read where the Miller kid from Miramar who decommitted from us had committed to N. Ill.! What the heck are they doing as they recruit so well down here? Something is up with this situation. We ARE NOT takling about a BigBoy Conference team here!

This HAS GOT TO STOP GUYS, WE CANNOT BE LOSING RECRUITS TO FRIGGIN MAC SCHOOLS! :Thinking:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

This HAS GOT TO STOP GUYS, WE CANNOT BE LOSING RECRUITS TO FRIGGIN MAC SCHOOLS! :Thinking:
Posted On: Jul 20th 2014, 10:31 AM #332674
Better get used to it:

From the Sun Sentinel article: "FAU, according to 247, has offered 39 defensive backs."

They're obviously not all going to commit but we're going to 'lose' guys to other schools.
Back to the top

If, and I do sa IF, we did not actually offer him and he was simply jockying for more offers by saying he was committed to the FAB15, then I would have to say we did not lose him. It was that he was not good enough.

But who knows, maybe he just likes frigid temperatures and maction more than paradise and CUSA.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Miller had no offer. I have confirmed that…

It has nothing to do with Andrew though, he sourced the matter the only way he could, using the prospect AND one of his coaches. You can't get FAU involved for obvious reasons, so if a prospect wants to to commit without an offer, that's on him.
Back to the top

Good and interesting info guys. But I do have to ask, if he is good enough to be offered by NIU (which has a much more successful program than we do) than why is he not good enough for an offer from us? Just asking, I definately hope the Coaches can keep the group so far together AND ad another 10 3*'s to the group by NLI signing day. We have to beat Marshall at the recruiting game to pass Marshall!
Back to the top
Control functions: