Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Aftermath of Boca Bowl. What do you think

Add topic

With a pretty a pretty decent crowd expected for the Boca Bowl, and the events put on this week by the Bowl committee, what do you guys think will happen to FAU following the Boca Bowl?

A.) FAU gets naming rights and donations for the new practice facilities.
B.) Sponsorship for the remaining years of the Boca Raton Bowl.
C.) Both B&C
D.) Nothing will happen, FAU was just the host site.

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

With a pretty a pretty decent crowd expected for the Boca Bowl, and the events put on this week by the Bowl committee, what do you guys think will happen to FAU following the Boca Bowl?

A.) FAU gets naming rights and donations for the new practice facilities.
B.) Sponsorship for the remaining years of the Boca Raton Bowl.
C.) Both B&C
D.) Nothing will happen, FAU was just the host site.

Posted On: Dec 22nd 2014, 11:43 PM #340026

Nothing will happen for FAU.  Two school fan bases will see what a nice campus we have.  Naming rights for the Boca Bowl does nothing for FAU, it only lines ESPN's pockets.
Back to the top

I will go with C if it is a good turnout and gets soe decent tv viewership.

Beleive it or not, up here in UGA/SEC territory, a number of people have voiced interest in watching this game due to the teams and the records they have. It is definately one of the top 10 bowl matchups this year!

The Gropu of 5 need to establish some new Bowls and build their statuire due to the Power5 hijacking everything decent mid-level for 6-6 Illinois, Arkansas………..those games people here DON'T care about unless they are Illinois, Arkansas…..fans! Including the SEC fans!
Back to the top

I think exposure will always create benefits, but difficult to quantify as a direct result of the Boca Raton Bowl.

Just another piece in a marketing plan that brings positive exposure and helps build reputation for the University and ties to the community.  Over time all of the good things combined bring benefit but probably not directly attributed to each good thing.  
Back to the top

I'm hoping this helps with getting naming right for the stadium.
I guessing Chun has been holding out on getting names rights and letting the value of the stadium rise.
We have had a lot of good events in the past 16 months.
If Chun sells the naming rights now he has a lot more to offer then we did after the 2010 season.
Back to the top

I would say D for now. So far, besides host revenue, I don't see much happening here. But the exposure that we get will slowly lead to naming rights (Partial A )
Back to the top

I could Definately see naming rights for the bowl. Much less expensive than naming rights for a stadium ( I think ) . 
Back to the top

Unfortunately I don't think naming rights for the bowl helps FAU. It helps ESPN. ESPN owns the bowl, we just rent the stadium. Did The city only do naming rights for 1 year, or is it multiple?
Back to the top

I think for this years game Boca Raton has the naming rights. I heard they are still trying to find a sponsor.
Back to the top

Just a reminder for FAU fans, please look over this topic and let your opinions known please keep it clean.
Back to the top
Control functions: