Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Possible FAU LB Target

Add topic

Jones LB Withney Simon still looking for first scholarship offer - Orlando Sentinel

Kid is pretty highly rated to not get an offer from us with the need we have at LB???  Like the hear the issues here.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Jones LB Withney Simon still looking for first scholarship offer - Orlando Sentinel

Kid is pretty highly rated to not get an offer from us with the need we have at LB???  Like the hear the issues here.

Posted On: Jan 9th 2015, 9:52 AM #340611

Uh no if he was that good other schools would be knocking. No D-1 offers this late in the game is sign.
NO MORE DIMONDS IN THE ROUGH!!!
Back to the top

We will likely land a LB prospect on the weekend of the 16th.

He was 1st Team All State Class 8A.

FIRST TEAM.

And he only has one offer, ours.

Got anything to say about that??
Back to the top

Rick said

We will likely land a LB prospect on the weekend of the 16th.

He was 1st Team All State Class 8A.

FIRST TEAM.

And he only has one offer, ours.

Got anything to say about that??

Posted On: Jan 9th 2015, 10:42 AM #340614
yea I k know who is. 
lol at the 1st team all state it means nothing.
We are his only D-1 offer and he was 1st team all state so it's not like he was hidden.
So there are 128 schools in this country who decided not make an offer for some reason.
Back to the top

Yeah, you're right…

Parr was 2nd.
Back to the top

maybe he didn't have very much exposure earlier on to get a rate or to rack in offers.  I'm not saying for him specifically but in some cases, the kid has the talent but may not have the funds to go to camps to get rated, evaluated  and put on the scene. This can especially hurt them if they go to a smaller, not so popular high school program.  
Back to the top

owl in training said

maybe he didn't have very much exposure earlier on to get a rate or to rack in offers.  I'm not saying for him specifically but in some cases, the kid has the talent but may not have the funds to go to camps to get rated, evaluated  and put on the scene. This can especially hurt them if they go to a smaller, not so popular high school program.  
Posted On: Jan 9th 2015, 11:53 AM #340619
 If a kid is talented enough somone will make sure he gets exposed and into camps. IE handlers.
As for the all state thing there is a LB on the 2nd team all state who is commited to ND dame and had tons of offers. 
By ricks logic that means that guy that is 1st team is better. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

owl in training said

Posted On: Jan 9th 2015, 11:53 AM #340619
 If a kid is talented enough somone will make sure he gets exposed and into camps. IE handlers.

Posted On: Jan 9th 2015, 2:21 PM #340623

I can tell you from first had experiece that doesn't always happen.  I can also tell you that there are coaches who, can for what ever reason, black ball a kid too.  I've been around college athletes on scholarships in different sports for a couple of decades.  It can and does get dirty.  And, yes…some talent kids do slip through the cracks because they do not have the resources or the support.
Back to the top

He played in our camp up north.
Back to the top

Rick said

He played in our camp up north.
Posted On: Jan 9th 2015, 2:38 PM #340625

And we didn't offer him then?  :Thinking: Hmmm…wonder why?  And we're offering now?  Was he undersize or something?
Back to the top