Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2015-16 FAU Men's Basketball Discussion Thread

Add topic

One has to wonder how long Curry will last if these are the results and Chun gets the job at Illinois...
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

One has to wonder how long Curry will last if these are the results and Chun gets the job at Illinois…

Posted On: Feb 9th 2016, 10:40 PM #354521

Bad things will happen with your best player kicked off the team, your leading scorer is out due to injury/concussion, and a short bench (4).  Not to mention the funding issues that FAUOWL talks about.  The team is fighting and they are competing with similar level teams in conference.  But to be disappointed after losing to two of the better teams in the conference might mean you don't follow the team to closely.

Back to the top

I know that nobody cares about baseball. I know people are tired of me bringing it up. But I feel that basketball, although it is more popular than baseball with student and fans, has very few passionate fans. By that I mean fans that follow their every move. Fans that know the ins and outs of the team. Fans that can give opinions and comments that are informative. The basketball games are a bigger draw but I feel most fans couldn't care less . Like we are just going through the motions. OC Irritant said it best ..teams that are similar to us.That means teams that have little support. Little success. Little interest from the U. Teams that are ok with being average. The potential for a profit is greater than baseball. But it needs to start with a passionate fan base and we don't have that at all.
Back to the top

I expect a victory tonight in the Burrow by MBB against UTSA. We beat them on the road by 15 earlier in the season. UTSA has the fewest conference wins. They have the worst season record in conference. We are home. We invest more in our program than does UTSA. Has to be a victory.  No excuses (including injuries, etc.).
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know that nobody cares about baseball. I know people are tired of me bringing it up. But I feel that basketball, although it is more popular than baseball with student and fans, has very few passionate fans. By that I mean fans that follow their every move. Fans that know the ins and outs of the team. Fans that can give opinions and comments that are informative. The basketball games are a bigger draw but I feel most fans couldn't care less . Like we are just going through the motions. OC Irritant said it best ..teams that are similar to us.That means teams that have little support. Little success. Little interest from the U. Teams that are ok with being average. The potential for a profit is greater than baseball. But it needs to start with a passionate fan base and we don't have that at all.
Posted On: Feb 10th 2016, 6:14 AM #354526

As evidenced in the past, when the team wins the fans show up.  Unfortunately can't say that for baseball.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

fauowl said

I expect a victory tonight in the Burrow by MBB against UTSA.
Posted On: Feb 11th 2016, 1:03 PM #354541

This will help…

Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Feb 10th 2016, 6:14 AM #354526

I agree with the jist of this post.  

I cant speak for everybody, but for myself I have had a hard time following the basketball program with any passion the last 2 seasons.  Reason being, I dont feel like Coach Curry has a plan.  I am unsure of what type of program he is trying to create with what identity?

With our current facilities and revenue contributions to the program, you're not going to outrecruit the conference.  You need to recruit to a specific style/identity/game plan to win or at least consistently compete.

I've been to 200 FAU basketball games in my life, 3 in the past 2 seasons.  I think we need a young, ethusiastic coach with a plan.  Charlie may be 6-18 in his first two seasons but at least I feel he has a big picture plan and is putting together a team with an identity.  Just not sure what we are trying to accomplish in basketball.   :Thinking:

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

@Walty12..exactly. You obviously like basketball. You have attended more games then most. But you also know enough about the game to be confused by the leadership or direction of the team. I am not knowledgeable enough to even guess what the answer is. But I know I love sports and can see that a University like FAU can put together some outstanding sports teams , but can't with basketball. Confusing to me.
Back to the top

BURY THE BURROW IN RED today at 2pm!
Back to the top

We have great guys playing here and they are talanted-its not the players!  We have friens at charsnooga where Matt McCall went 2 years ago after being asst to billy Donnavan at u of f for 10 years… Chatanooga went 24/4 and Matt named Conference coach of year.  He used the talant he had and put that team together with clear goals!  I am not sure we do that here!  We dont use talent correctly-too little team play and selfishness!  And it is allowed-too bad!  Remember these are college guys (18-21). Passion and energy drive them!!! The frat nite game was awesome ( the gym was full, rocking, lots if energy!) and team won!!! Everyine had fun too!  We have an awesome FAU tescher who MCs every game!  We have amazing dance team!  Cheerleaders and pep bans but not nearly enough die-hard fans!  It makes a difference!!and like with all things (fans). You get out of simething what you put into it!  Dint blame our players!  They are talented  and they work hard!  By the way, we could have had matt (mccall). He wsnted to come here… We just never offered - never offered anyone till soooo late!  Waited way too long!
Back to the top
Control functions: