Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UM vs Florida A&M at FAU

Add topic

247 is reporting that Miami is indeed playing Florida A&M (season opener) here at FAU Stadium.

In fact, "There are some who say the stadium may not be ready until November" so you'd have to think UM vs FAU has a high probability of being played here after all.

Looking forward to that.
Back to the top

i looked on all the newspaper sites for south florida, and i couldnt find a thing.
Back to the top

Goldberg has been around the Miami scene for a very long time, he is getting his information from somewhere.

I want to see the Dolphins play their last pre-season game against The Titans at FAU.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

We open our season on September 3rd as well at home, so (like many others) he may have gotten us mixed up with the other F_U.

:Big-Grin:

I'll see if FAU can comment on it.

Back to the top

Having the Miami game at home again would be a great thing.   However, they would have the right to paint our field and hang their flags all over our stadium since it's technically their home game…

I am not sure I am on board with that.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Having the Miami game at home again would be a great thing.   However, they would have the right to paint our field and hang their flags all over our stadium since it's technically their home game…

Posted On: Jul 6th 2016, 9:58 AM #356914

Facility rentals are a huge revenue-producer for athletics departments. I would love to have rentals at the stadium to help bring in revenue!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

walty12 said

Good call. Ick.

And I'd imagine we'd get a typical visitor's allotment of tickets and then everything else (because the stadium would be packed again) would go to them, right? Oh, it gets weird.

smittysahoot said

Facility rentals are a huge revenue-producer for athletics departments. I would love to have rentals at the stadium to help bring in revenue!
Posted On: Jul 6th 2016, 11:20 AM #356915

True.

I always thought the plan was to have more non-sporting events rent the stadium too but don't see that happening. Was looking forward to it being a new concert venue for the city.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

walty12 said

Posted On: Jul 6th 2016, 11:20 AM #356915

That is true. I mean think of it. Ballers rented out the Athletic Offices, and the stadium to film the first season and I think the second season. MLL Florida Launch does it. USA Soccer, the Boca Raton Bowl, that Church for a couple years. it is a huge source of revenue. If you add the hotel and convention center to the campus, imagine what it could be like. Now think about when the new athletic facility is built. Professional teams could use the center and the stadium prior to Super Bowl that would be held here in Miami in 2020
Back to the top

I really love that the Launch uses this as their home base. It's a great point of pride.

I would even support them building some sort of permanent office/recruitment/museum office say on the east side of the stadium to support their endeavors. Right now they're operating out of a small office in the Shops at University Park and you wouldn't even know it's there unless you were essentially looking right at it.
Back to the top

Rick said

We open our season on September 3rd as well at home, so (like many others) he may have gotten us mixed up with the other F_U.

:Big-Grin:

I'll see if FAU can comment on it.

Posted On: Jul 6th 2016, 7:52 AM #356913

As of right now, FAU has heard nothing about this…
Back to the top
Control functions: