Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Yea. No noon games this season. Wife will be happy about that. 
Back to the top

Yea! No Noon Games !
Back to the top

I wonder if these 6 PM starts mean we don't think the games will get picked up by TV.
Regardless it should help attendance.
Back to the top

Best news all year!
Back to the top

NO NOON GAMES! WOOHOO FAU!
Back to the top

Rick said

Updates to the sched are out:

Posted On: Jul 7th 2016, 5:25 PM #356947

Awesome start times. Good riddance to that TV contract. Never thought I would wish for that but those noon games were killing the fan base and not allowing growth.  If we can take care of some football business on the field, this year can be a giant leap in the right direction.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I wonder if these 6 PM starts mean we don't think the games will get picked up by TV.

Posted On: Jul 7th 2016, 7:46 PM #356955

You dont have to wonder, these games won't be picked up.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Jul 7th 2016, 7:46 PM #356955

You dont have to wonder, these games won't be picked up.

Posted On: Jul 8th 2016, 12:25 PM #356964

I hope the games are streamed so Owl fans who don't live here can watch.
Back to the top

I know It's Owl Time is happy with the times. Game day sales ! Those noon games must have been killers. Six o'clock games mean, fishing from 6-10. Nap from 12-1.Stop by It's Owl Time from 2-3 for last minute gear.  Drink and good food with friends at the stadium 3-6. Hopefully go home with a win. ( plan will change slightly for 3:30 kick off ) My daughter , student, even told me that her and her girlfriends may even attend a game at six. Amazing how a simple change can affect people positively.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know It's Owl Time is happy with the times. Game day sales ! Those noon games must have been killers. Six o'clock games mean, fishing from 6-10. Nap from 12-1.Stop by It's Owl Time from 2-3 for last minute gear.  Drink and good food with friends at the stadium 3-6. Hopefully go home with a win. ( plan will change slightly for 3:30 kick off ) My daughter , student, even told me that her and her girlfriends may even attend a game at six. Amazing how a simple change can affect people positively.
Posted On: Jul 9th 2016, 12:04 PM #356969

There is no question the later games are better, you can have a full day and then go enjoy football/drinks.  I am really not sure why college football even plays noon games anywhere anymore?  

I guess it's just different in Florida or the south?  Mid-west in November…not really much to do and need the sun for warmth to play football so noon makes sense.  Noon doesn't make sense ever anywhere in the south.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: