Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Three Star New Orleans QB Justice McCoy Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Add topic

Three Star New Orleans QB Justice McCoy Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Justice McCoy
QB
6-2, 185
St. Augustine High
New Orleans, LA

Visited FAU on July 17th before camping and committing on July 18th. Chose the Owls over West Virginia, SMU, Colorado State, and a number of others. Conglomerate three star prospect.

Justice McCoy - Hudl

Back to the top

Highly rated athlete. If he sticks , FAU  will have the QB position  lined up in great shape. We got the commitment, now we need to keep the commitment.
Back to the top

I'm just trying to figure out if we are going to be a pro-style offense or a spread…The hurry up part lends toward spread, but we have two highly rated pro-style QB's.

On a side note:

Never heard of a hurry up pro-style!
Back to the top

I know what you mean Rick. The bad news is our new OC didn't get to pick his QB. The good news is we have two or three very good very athletic QB's. Both have more mobility than most give them credit for. Our OC will adjust his system to a hybrid  that fits the strengths of whatever QB gets the nod.  Almost forget that Frank is on board and he is a stud. Our QB situation is definitely not a bad thing. McCoy will get more attention. Hope we can hold him.
Back to the top

Rick said

I'm just trying to figure out if we are going to be a pro-style offense or a spread…The hurry up part lends toward spread, but we have two highly rated pro-style QB's.

On a side note:

Posted On: Jul 18th 2016, 7:23 PM #357092

You can have a spread offense with a pocket passer. Just need quick decision making 
Back to the top

Falcons O WAY better when Ryan runs hurry up O, and HE IS NOT athletic! Like ya said - quick decisions by reading the D before the snap!
Back to the top

Justice, ya look very good, got some zip on the ball and accurate too from the film. Welcome to FAU!
Back to the top

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Sounds like an impressive guy. Hope we can hold onto him! (thought the same with Frank and that worked out, so yeah!)
Back to the top

Rick said

on a side note:

Posted On: Jul 18th 2016, 7:23 PM #357092

This doesn't make sense tons of teams use pocket QB's for the spread DT QB doesn't equal spread QB and vice versa.
Miami ran a spread last year with a PP, Cincy with both QB'S they had,  and Josh Rosen at UCLA.

Back to the top
Control functions: