Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* Miss QB Jack Walker Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Add topic

3* Miss QB Jack Walker Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Jack Walker
QB
6-3, 215
Madison, MS
Madison Central

Visited FAU on July 22nd before giving his pledge on July 23rd. Ranked 2nd best overall quarterback in the state of Mississippi by Scout. Chose the Owls over reported offers from Miami, Akron, Troy and South Alabama.

Jack Walker - Hudl

Back to the top

Two 3 star QBs commits now - one dual (Justice McCoy) and one pro (Jack Walker). Nice.

Feels like not too long ago when we were trying to get one 3 star QB to commit to us.
Back to the top

Wow! A quality QB. Look at us. Grabbing QB's from all over the country. Now we all know what needs to happen next . WIN !
Back to the top

WOW I am VERY impressed - don't want to blow his head (nor his ranking) up but Wow, NICE QB with quite an arm and hits receivers IN STRIDE or up high where only the RECEIVER can come down with it.

NICE JOB COACHES and welcome to FAU Jack!
Back to the top

I'm a bit surprised the 2nd best QB in MS didn't get other top tear football programs other than UM. Mississippi has a lot of talent in that state. The 2nd best QB should be a good one.  It might be that it is still early.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I'm a bit surprised the 2nd best QB in MS didn't get other top tear football programs other than UM. Mississippi has a lot of talent in that state. The 2nd best QB should be a good one.  It might be that it is still early.
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2016, 8:24 PM #357219

This explains it… from The Clarion Ledger.

"In Jack Walker’s three years as a starting varsity quarterback at Madison Central, he has learned to take the recruiting advice of his dad, Kevin.

It’s not always about going to the biggest school — it’s about going to the best school, Kevin has often told Walker.

That’s how Walker, who is one of the best at his position in Mississippi, found himself verbally committing Saturday to Florida Atlantic University.

“I’d rather go to a school like this and play, be their guy and have fun,” said Walker, who visited FAU over the weekend. “Sometimes, you go to a bigger school and you may never play. I’d much rather have the opportunity to play.”

….

Walker doesn’t plan on making any other visits and will instead focus solely on school and helping to lead Madison Central to another deep playoff run."
Back to the top

It good to see FAU load up on QB's because the position can be so fluid on the roster.
Out of the soon to be 5 school QB's we have a couple will transfer and that why you take a QB or two every year.
No way Parr sticks around if Driskel wins and keeps the position.
The key to having good QB'S in college football is just round up as many as you can hope one emerges to carry you for a couple years and the rest will fall where they may.

The Miami offer on this kid was form the Golden staff FWIW.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

illinoisowl said

"In Jack Walker’s three years as a starting varsity quarterback at Madison Central, he has learned to take the recruiting advice of his dad, Kevin.

It’s not always about going to the biggest school — it’s about going to the best school, Kevin has often told Walker.

That’s how Walker, who is one of the best at his position in Mississippi, found himself verbally committing Saturday to Florida Atlantic University.

“I’d rather go to a school like this and play, be their guy and have fun,” said Walker, who visited FAU over the weekend. “Sometimes, you go to a bigger school and you may never play. I’d much rather have the opportunity to play.”

….
Walker doesn’t plan on making any other visits and will instead focus solely on school and helping to lead Madison Central to another deep playoff run."

Posted On: Jul 25th 2016, 12:25 AM #357222
Other offers are Troy and South Alabama. Enough said.
Back to the top

Reality Check said

owl2Doc said

illinoisowl said

….

Posted On: Jul 25th 2016, 12:25 AM #357222
Other offers are Troy and South Alabama. Enough said.
Posted On: Jul 25th 2016, 12:54 PM #357227

Did you actually look at eh HUDL video, the kid is pretty incredible fir a friggin HS Jr.! Definate 4* talent there guys!!!
Back to the top

I know everyone says, "Yeah but their highlights are their best work so that doesn't count"

…sure, but…

in the past we've had commitments and even signed guys who on their highlights tape still threw some wobbly/off-target balls. This guy does a great job throwing javelins into decent coverage.

I'm high on him. I'm glad we got him.
Back to the top
Control functions: