Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Everything You Could Want to Know About FAU Stadium

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

Good point Mark, but over 5 years that is only 2 wins a year at home. we have also lost 20 vs. FBS at home.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 10:20 AM #361862

I didn't quote the fact thinking it was a good stat.  It's more than 5 years. We are 2 home games from completing our 6th season in the stadium.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Sorry for the negativity Mark, but this staff is gonna kill your business and I really hope that those in S. Florida with a real vested interest make your feelings known about this!
Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 10:20 AM #361862

I am not going to blame football or anyone if it kills my business.  It's on me.  It's not a good business model to depend on something that is out of your control.  I knew exactly what I was getting into.

In reality, football can be the icing on the cake, but it shouldn't be the cake. I need to do a better job of building a better cake, and then football can be the bonus when it happens.

There are 28,000 students and thousands of faculty just 4 blocks from my store who do not care about football but have tremendous pride in FAU.  I talk to some of them every day.  I need to do a better job to tap into that group.   

I will be coming out with FAU Academic pride shirts that will be similar to sport specific shirts, except will say College of Nursing, College of Education, Graduate College, etc.  This would be the first Academic-type gear in a retail environment.  
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

General Specifications

Posted On: Oct 6th 2011, 1:10 PM #272562

Factoid of the day: Since opening our on campus stadium 6 years ago, we have beaten FBS opponents in the stadium 10 times.

Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 9:43 AM #361858

And we have only played 2 FCS schools in it so 12 wins in 2 years? Just wow.
Back to the top

As I stated earlier, The Football program , since I have followed it, has never been this low. As for Marks store, easily the best place for FAU gear. The students and parents should support him for all he does.  I've caught he– for saying this for years, but FAU has a better chance of being a big time college Baseball school then football. I know that isn't as sexy as football but if we had all that money back, think of the possibilities. Trust me I want a winning football team. It gives me something to look forward to on Saturdays. But if it is going to succeed, we need to start back at square one. We are that bad. My friend, he is currently involved in a major university program, suggested that FAU step out of major football and return to the lower ranks. He was serious.
Back to the top

The two bottom teams in C-USA football are FAU and Rice. Two major baseball programs. Don't worry , this is my last baseball reference. Just sick of football right now.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

The two bottom teams in C-USA football are FAU and Rice. Two major baseball programs. Don't worry , this is my last baseball reference. Just sick of football right now.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 1:16 PM #361873

No problem from me on this, Go Baseball. Football until it proves us all otherwise is hopeless. And if our Admins. don't see this than…….

And Mark, even if we don't go to the UTEP game I will visit your store to support YOU!

It is just sad to me that you are nor =t being able to reap the benefits and your work and risk in the program being so totally awful.

Rememeber the stadium opened stinker under Schnelly? THAT WAS ONLY 0-20, NOIT A SEVEN TD LOSS AT HOME! WE ARE AT A NEW LOW POINT - HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE WITH A VERY MANAGEABLE SCHEDULE?
Back to the top

Georgia…this is what happens when the wrong hires are made. The first year is understandable. No explanation needed. Remember as this is happening , other teams are improving to the best of their ability. Second year…other coaches have stepped their teams up. We remain the same. Again, easy to explain. Very few people question second year results. Third year.. other coaches have again advanced their teams. We remain the same . Now without being noticed, we are significantly behind almost everybody. It is so obvious that Chun just hired the wrong guy. Again, not Chucks fault for taking the job. It was Chun's fault for offering the job. We are currently  at least three years behind developing this program. And , if my feelings are right, sit tight because nothing will change. I sure hope the fishing is good next Sept,Oct, and Nov.because I won't sit through this again.
Back to the top

As I said on another post, nor will I. I will not spend one penny at FAU for anything unless we admit to our awful mistake and move FORWARD. As of now Coach has taken a highly competitive 6-6 team and destroyed it!

What of our Big donors, what of the Academic Center donors? Gonna give million$$$$ to a 1-11 pile of C__p?
Back to the top

No matter how bad things get, I'm so far still optimistic that one day this stadium will be rocking and the investments will have been justified.
Back to the top

Everything You Could Want to Know About FAU Stadium

How are they with cameras? I have a nikon dslr and would love to bring it in. The lens does come off but it isn't a big lens (less than 5 inches)

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top
Control functions: