Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another PR Pothole for Kiffin to Navigate Around

Add topic

In the day of Fake News, some reporters, one of which is responsible for the entire sham (Chris Hays), are now writing articles with no source other than the kid and and his dad claiming that Kiffin and Company pulled  a scholarship offer from athlete DJ Charles.

Fake News Here

I am here to vouch that Charles never had an FAU offer. Did anyone ever see him listed by a contributor on the site in any way shape or form?

Enough said. And rediculous. Yes, rediculous, because it was diculous before when the first bogus article was written and is now diculous again.
Back to the top

Rick said

In the day of Fake News, some reporters, one of which is responsible for the entire sham (Chris Hays), are now writing articles with no source other than the kid and and his dad claiming that Kiffin and Company pulled  a scholarship offer from athlete DJ Charles.

Fake News Here

I am here to vouch that Charles never had an FAU offer. Did anyone ever see him listed by a contributor on the site in any way shape or form?

Enough said. And rediculous. Yes, rediculous, because it was diculous before when the first bogus article was written and is now diculous again.

Posted On: Jan 24th 2017, 12:21 PM #366134
Exactly!
This is the same guy that said the FAB 15 fau CLASS A D grading.

Back to the top

Rick said

I am here to vouch that Charles never had an FAU offer.
Very interesting.

This reminds me of the Jesus Stomp spectacle where they ran with the story based upon the "victim's" complaints before checking all the facts. And similarly to that debacle where the university and the professor "do not comment on academic matters" and the fire grew, so too here is the issue with Kiffin not being able to respond until after Signing Day so they need someone else to fight for them.

Here's what I suspect is happening. If and when these stories are true, they're sad. Plus Kiffin's name in anything gets you hits and the paper loves that. Those things are undeniable.

But moreover it's curious timing because here you have dual-threat QB recruit Marvin Washington who UCF fans were high on (here's his commitment story by the same reporter), he decommits from UCF and starts looking at FAU (where he has an offer) and UF (where he doesn't have an offer, but is hopeful for one soon). A story runs that if he had to choose right now, it would be FAU. Marvin tweets that our coaching staff are "unbelievable people".

So is this about the Orlando Sentinel trying to make Kiffin look bad so Washington is swayed away from us?

Sounds ridiculous, right, the kind of emotional manipulation a teenager would do… but not out of the question.
Back to the top

I saw this in the morning and literally disregarded it. I saw that 247 had him receiving an offer in October but him decommitting in December. Orlando Sentinel looking for hits and a way to muddy Lane's name and FAU's momentum. They also threw in FIU annd USF in the article as well, but Lane is the headline – of course. Not sweating it.

UPDATE:
Well I see it is having the desired effect and is being picked up nationally. 
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Rick said

I am here to vouch that Charles never had an FAU offer.
Very interesting.

This reminds me of the Jesus Stomp spectacle where they ran with the story based upon the "victim's" complaints before checking all the facts. And similarly to that debacle where the university and the professor "do not comment on academic matters" and the fire grew, so too here is the issue with Kiffin not being able to respond until after Signing Day so they need someone else to fight for them.

Here's what I suspect is happening. If and when these stories are true, they're sad. Plus Kiffin's name in anything gets you hits and the paper loves that. Those things are undeniable.

But moreover it's curious timing because here you have dual-threat QB recruit Marvin Washington who UCF fans were high on (here's his commitment story by the same reporter), he decommits from UCF and starts looking at FAU (where he has an offer) and UF (where he doesn't have an offer, but is hopeful for one soon). A story runs that if he had to choose right now, it would be FAU. Marvin tweets that our coaching staff are "unbelievable people".

So is this about the Orlando Sentinel trying to make Kiffin look bad so Washington is swayed away from us?

Sounds ridiculous, right, the kind of emotional manipulation a teenager would do… but not out of the question.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2017, 2:19 PM #366136

Lets not forget MJS running a student over.  Click bait, all it is.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Lets not forget MJS running a student over.  Click bait, all it is.
Posted On: Jan 24th 2017, 3:38 PM #366142

"Running over" a student - really! :Smug:
Back to the top

247 does indeed show him as having an FAU offer and committing on Oct.18th.

Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, maybe he slipped under the radar somehow for the FAU fan sites, I don't know.

I will say that if this 247 list is correct it's like 262 offers to look into when the new coaching regime comes on… which was still a work in progress up until recently, so I'm not surprised there was so much disconnect between the recruits and the new coaching staff.

I have no idea how long it takes to watch film on 262 recruits to ensure that they meet your standards for awarding a scholarship but I'm sure it's not something you do in a single afternoon.

Back to the top

Unfortunately this is how sausage is made.  I feel bad for the kid, but maybe he's not D-1 material or college football material?  There are plenty of kids who walk on.  It's not a right to get scholarship.  When a scholarship gets pulled it goes somewhere else.  It's a finite pool.  When there is a coaching change promises are no longer valid.  Do we want to saddle the new coach with players he doesn't want?  It didn't work to well when we didn't let the last coach hire his own offensive coordinator.  It wasn't the only problem but it was a problem.  If the kid is good, he might have to take the hard route and walk on somewhere.  He is getting a lesson in life that will probably payoff for him in his future.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

247 does indeed show him as having an FAU offer and committing on Oct.18th.

Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't…

Posted On: Jan 24th 2017, 3:53 PM #366144

It's absolutely 100% positive not true. Kid never had an offer from us.

I trust my sources on this much more than any read and post page.
Back to the top

Lets just let it go. Like all the "fake news" of today, the goal is to get people excited and talking about something that may or may not be true. Lets concentrate on the final weekend visits. Lane has some making up to do. UCF is kicking butt. We are still very average.
Back to the top
Control functions: