Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3* All-State Georgia LB Akileis Leroy Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Add topic

3* All-State Georgia LB Akileis Leroy Commits to FAU Football's Soar 17

Akileis Leroy
LB
6-1, 235
Leesburg, GA
Lee County

All-State linebacker who is regarded as one of the Peach State's top prospects at that position. Chose the Owls after an official visit on January 29th. Has reported offers from LSU, Troy, MTSU and Central Michigan. Sports a bench press of 400 lbs, and a squat of 500 lbs.

"It was just so comfortable being there and I enjoyed being around the coaches", said Leroy of his visit to Florida Atlantic. "The city, of course, made me fall in love."

Akileis Leroy - Hudl

Back to the top

Great pickup -- guy is a beast!
Back to the top

Everywhere you look Leroy is labeled as a sleeper. Not sure what happened with LSU but he could be a very good player for us in a position we need serious help at.
Back to the top

Akileis has made my day. Chris Kiffin has made our D better in the last few days. I also love the name Leroy. Growing up in  S Fla, I had a bunch of friends named Leroy. Today, not so much. I know Leroy is his last name , but Leroy is my new favorite player. 6'1" 235…OMG
Back to the top

@ryanbartow calls my best friend Leroy  "the thumper from south Georgia".
Back to the top

One big difference between the previous coaching staff and this one is the way they are tight lipped about recruiting. I the past we were getting "we got better today" and "great day for FAU football". These guys are all business. I like that.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

One big difference between the previous coaching staff and this one is the way they are tight lipped about recruiting. I the past we were getting "we got better today" and "great day for FAU football". These guys are all business. I like that.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2017, 7:33 PM #366388

I agree 100%.  Once you start advertising everyone you are going after, you bring attention that you may not want (see Howard).  I think we will see some surprises on signing day.  

It's not about the recruiting Fan-hype for these guys, it's about getting players they want to get.  I love it.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jan 29th 2017, 7:33 PM #366388

I agree 100%.  Once you start advertising everyone you are going after, you bring attention that you may not want (see Howard).  I think we will see some surprises on signing day.  

It's not about the recruiting Fan-hype for these guys, it's about getting players they want to get.  I love it.
Posted On: Jan 29th 2017, 7:45 PM #366389

Well recruiting is a complicated matter the way the signing is currently setup.  

A lot of large programs (UF, FSU, Miami) etc offer more kids than they can take and then timing of commitment comes into play.

I think we are in play for a lot of the kids that get left behind, which a lot of times again it's timing of commitment as opposed to actual ability.  We need to be in the mix on these type kids and be in thier ear should things not work out at the school they have as #1.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: