Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Good for some folks....bad for others. New FAU dad will need to take a day off if he wants to drive down for his first FAU game. I really look forward to Saturday games. But not my choice.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Every should go to their boss right now and say "Hey I am not coming in Friday the 1st" I already did it.  
Posted On: Apr 6th 2017, 3:27 PM #368132

My boss said "NO WAY"  :)  I guess I will be working until almost game time!
Back to the top

Put a sign up that says "please put money in register"
Back to the top

As one of the new FAU dad's, non-Saturday games are a mixed bag for me.  On the plus side it is great for exposure, and the Navy game is a little easier to take since it is already a holiday weekend and I will probably just make a 4-day weekend out of my first FAU game, and is better than a Thursday night game which would be very hard to attend from out of town.  On the negative side, not everybody can take all or part of Friday off to get there and it will undoubtedly cut down on tailgating/the overall experience.  The Marshal game (or any other game that moves) will not be as cool because those won't happen on a holiday weekend and will make it even tougher for me to get there.  And getting out of a routine later in the season can sometimes be a distraction/drawback for a team.  But all-in-all, I would lean towards the first game against a named opponent like Navy being moved to Friday for exposure and TV is a good thing for FAU football in general.
Back to the top

It's great for exposure, absolutely. Hopefully FAU starts out strong.

I can't help but wonder, what with all the negative attention that Kiffin gets, if they aren't putting a game like this up there just to see if Kiffin will fail in his first outing and then have another thing to rag on him about.

Just another reason to hope we win.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

It's great for exposure, absolutely. Hopefully FAU starts out strong.

I can't help but wonder, what with all the negative attention that Kiffin gets, if they aren't putting a game like this up there just to see if Kiffin will fail in his first outing and then have another thing to rag on him about.

Just another reason to hope we win.
Posted On: Apr 7th 2017, 11:05 PM #368189

I am 100% true all the detractors will either way!!!!

We will have to outscore them and I think we will!
Back to the top

I think the Friday date for Navy would be really good for FAU to have exposure. Again, not competing against Florida vs. Michigan or FSU vs. Bama. The primetime slot would probably allow for some more Sportscenter and network coverage as well as for local news outlets. The only problem is traffic, which is why their needs to be a solution made to get people from West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Delray, and even places like Hollywood, Hallendale, Aventura, or Downtown Miami to watch the game.

Thoughts on Shula Bowl being second to last game? Personally think it should be last regular game of the season to line up with Florida Classic, War on I-4, and FSU-Florida. 

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Home opener against Navy moved to Friday night.

Saw this on the FAU website - 8pm on Friday and will be broadcast on ESPNU.

While I was looking forward to this being on Saturday and having the time to tailgate and enjoy the weekend, I totally understand the move.

This will help get more eyes on an already anticipated opener and help us stand out from the crowd in Kiffin's first game.

Thoughts?
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Saw this on the FAU website - 8pm on Friday and will be broadcast on ESPNU.

While I was looking forward to this being on Saturday and having the time to tailgate and enjoy the weekend, I totally understand the move.

This will help get more eyes on an already anticipated opener and help us stand out from the crowd in Kiffin's first game.

Thoughts?

Posted On: Apr 15th 2017, 12:27 PM #368328

You really shouldn't miss staff meetings.
Back to the top

Added in some 2017 Football start times up top:

vs Bethune 8:00 PM
vs MTSU 7:00 PM
@ WKU 4:30 PM
@ La Tech 3:30 PM
vs FIU 7:00 PM

UPDATED 2017 FAU FOOTBALL SCHEDULE: 2017 FAU Football Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top
Control functions: