Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Major changes to recuirting

Add topic

College football’s early Signing Day in December: Winners, losers, and a suggestion - SBNation.com

Some changes were made and I remains to be seen, but this is a win for G-5 programs.
Back to the top

I think a lot more coaches will be fired mid-season due to this.  Can't wait until the end of the season and miss the early signing period.  I think this will help Kiffin and other G-5 schools.  I LOVE the thought of less 3 years in advance verbal commitments.
Back to the top

I don't know how you can track the verbal's.

Kids commit or say they have offers to schools all the time in order to raise their stock. What is stopping me from tweeting I am verbal to Bama?
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I don't know how you can track the verbal's.

Kids commit or say they have offers to schools all the time in order to raise their stock. What is stopping me from tweeting I am verbal to Bama?
Posted On: Apr 14th 2017, 1:58 PM #368310

Nothing I guess, unless a school/coach/recruiting service contacts the school receiving the verbal to verify it. Which they should!

This will help Group of 5 schools keep the lesser known commits before they are stolen away by the BigBoy schools looking to fill out their 25-35 man limits, knowing these kid's have LITTLE CHANCE to ever step on the field for them!

AND allows kids/families to sign and STOP ALL THE RECRUITING BS if they want too. Concentrate on graduating HS and stop being badgered/lied to by many unscrupulous coaches!

FINALLY COMMON SENSE WINS!
Back to the top

Bo looks like the recruiting sites are going to take a SERIOUS hit though...no more soap opera flip flops to cover.
Back to the top

Rick said

Bo looks like the recruiting sites are going to take a SERIOUS hit though…no more soap opera flip flops to cover.
Posted On: Apr 14th 2017, 4:37 PM #368316

At least a lot less! Many Prima Donna types will not sign early just to keep getting the attention and free trips! The Coaches WILL have a harder job deciding who to actually send NLI's too in December.

And THEN the drama will grow as the holdouts who don't sign in the early period get REALLY bombarded with attention before Feb!
Back to the top

Rick said

Bo looks like the recruiting sites are going to take a SERIOUS hit though…no more soap opera flip flops to cover.
Posted On: Apr 14th 2017, 4:37 PM #368316

It's will litterly going to be the complete opposite they will two days of drama now and fans freaking out when a kid doesn't commit on the 1st day people will debate for weeks to move on or try and close him.

Guys will play more games with this.
Back to the top
Control functions: