Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ronald Patterson joins FAU

Add topic

So back in March FAU got a commit former MTSU commit Ronald Patterson. He has multiple offers, but from what it looks like he didn't make grades and went to prep school in Canada and played an American high school football schedule.
Ronald Patterson Recruit Interests
Back to the top

Walk-on? Scholarship?
Back to the top

Highlights;

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4398685/ronald-patterson

6'2" 4.5 40 - another nice addition to the WR corp!

IF we can run the ball and protect the QB, CUSA is in for a shock! But as always, that IF….
Back to the top

OC are you sure on this?

As of right now he is not on the team…that may change, but he has not been cleared by compliance.

In any event there is a two year sit for in conference transfers on scholarship and one year for even walk-ons…
Back to the top

Ronald Patterson on Twitter: "Will Be Attending Florida Alantic University #Fau21πŸ”΄πŸ”΅πŸ¦‰@LaneKiffinFAU @FAUOwlAthletics https://t.co/2fOLX6gbUw"

Also he went to prep school last year which is basically high school for athletes trying to become eligible.
I never made it to MTSU's campus.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Ronald Patterson on Twitter: "Will Be Attending Florida Alantic University #Fau21πŸ”΄πŸ”΅πŸ¦‰@LaneKiffinFAU @FAUOwlAthletics https://t.co/2fOLX6gbUw"

Also he went to prep school last year which is basically high school for athletes trying to become eligible.
I never made it to MTSU's campus.

Posted On: May 13th 2017, 4:55 PM #368739

He references the fake Lane Kiffin twitter account so maybe the fake Lane Kiffin offered him  :cool:
Back to the top

I know for a fact he visited during spring practices.

Also for those that don't know that difference between JUCO and prep school. Prep school is basically a 5th year of high school. You can retake some classes you did bad in highschool in order to get your GPA up and help you prepare to entrance exams.
They do not count against your eligibility.
 I'm not sure on the details of this, but I do know they are expensive and you have to be slected in some way thus why every player with bad grades coming out don't go to them.
Back to the top

Looks legit, hopefully he makes the roster...
Back to the top

From Rival , chose MTSU over offers from Cincy, Louisville, North Carolina and both Central and South Florida. Not a bad list. Welcome Robert, have fun in this Baylor O and make your grades!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

From Rival , chose MTSU over offers from Cincy, Louisville, North Carolina and both Central and South Florida. Not a bad list. Welcome Robert, have fun in this Baylor O and make your grades!
Posted On: May 14th 2017, 9:40 AM #368747

I'm guessing a lot of his offers dried up when schools didn't think he would make grades and they were right.
Preps schools are good moves for kids. It gives the another year to mature and get grades.
Larry Fitzgerald is one of most famous prep school stories.
Back to the top
Control functions: