Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 FAU Football Camps

Add topic

FAU Football Camps in national news;

FAU to host number of high-profile coaches at football camp - ABC News

Coach K and staff keeping FAU in the National spotlight. We all saw how they recruited in very short time here before signing day. Throw in a successful season and oh my!
Back to the top

Saw someone on Twitter say, "Looks like someone is using this as a job interview" (implying Kiffin, obviously)

Fair point considering Kiffin took the FAU interview because, "You never know who you might meet" and because that is a high number of teams to host (IIRC we usually do 1-2… last year was just Ohio State, right?)
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Saw someone on Twitter say, "Looks like someone is using this as a job interview" (implying Kiffin, obviously)

Fair point considering Kiffin took the FAU interview because, "You never know who you might meet" and because that is a high number of teams to host (IIRC we usually do 1-2… last year was just Ohio State, right?)
Posted On: May 27th 2017, 4:24 AM #368981

These kind of camps are going on all over the country. FIU is having the same thing.  It's funny that Lane gets the credit for it all.  We will take the attention of it.  These camps are great for us and everyone else that participates in them, including the players.  

As far as saying Lane is using it for an interview, I think everyone knows who he is and what he can do.  Opposing Fans like to say: he is just using you and will leave soon.

I say: We have been 3-9 for three years in a row. Anyone who wants to come in and get us to bowl games is more than welcome to come in and use the hell out of us.  There will always be a better job out there no matter what school you coach.  We did a good job on the contract as far as an early exit goes.  

Make us a better team or as some will say "use us."  I am ready to be used.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: May 27th 2017, 4:24 AM #368981

I wouldn't say he's using it as a job interview, I think wherever he goes next will be for a HC position and obviously these teams have some pretty good ones.
Back to the top

With the additional buildings and the now $1m+ salary we offer for a HC…you dont need to worry about Lane leaving.  We will never have an asst DLine coach from Arkansas becoming our HC again (or that other disaster before him).

Even if he leaves...we are hiring from a different pool of candidates moving forward.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Some comments from Coach Kiffin at yesterday's camp…
Back to the top

walty12 said

Even if he leaves…we are hiring from a different pool of candidates moving forward.
Posted On: May 27th 2017, 11:43 AM #368992

Right. Especially if this experiment works (and I really hope it does); FAU may be willing to go even higher for the next, who knows.

But one thing at a time.
Back to the top

Only if we can afford it. Money , or lack there of, will be the determining factor. Man , I sound like a 50 something year old conservative.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Only if we can afford it. Money , or lack there of, will be the determining factor. Man , I sound like a 50 something year old conservative.
Posted On: Jun 6th 2017, 5:28 PM #369093

So long as they continue to asses the students crazy fees, everything will be just fine.

Student Fees 2017 -  $10,995,749 $600,000 $11,595,749

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

So long as they continue to asses the students crazy fees…
Posted On: Jun 6th 2017, 6:35 PM #369094

Exactly! :Laughing:

Back to the top
Control functions: