Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

question about FAU Training staff

Add topic

Hey everyone I have a question.

I recently had surgery on my knee to remove a cyst right after Memorial Day, and I am getting closer to being a hundred percent again, but now I have all this excess medical supplies that the VA gave me. I have a pair of crutches, gauze, alcohol swabs, white wrap, and clear medical tape. I also have a sling from when I hurt my shoulder. Does the FAU training staff accept donations or can i turn that back into the VA? Thanks
Back to the top

I assume by the FAU training staff you mean the medical school.

Your heart's in the right place but it wouldn't be useful for the medical school. The lab supplies med students could use are suturing kits and materials, unused catheters, anesthesia blades and intubation equipment, stethoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, reflex hammers, stuff like that… which you don't have. We usually learn to sling and wrap joints in the ER itself, not in the lab, and that's with the hospital's supplies because it goes home with the patient.

The crutches should definitely be passed on because they can be cleaned and redistributed. Sling, maybe.

If the rest of the stuff is unopened - because obviously medical facilities have to be concerned with sterilization - than perhaps the VA will accept it back but honestly a lot of that you should probably just keep it somewhere in case you need it again in the future.
Back to the top
Control functions: