Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2017 Early Period National Signing Day Thread

Add topic

Let's get this thread going - those recruit faxes should be rolling in any time now! I'm reading that recruits have 3 days, Weds to Fri, to send in their NLIs… so keep an eye out.
Back to the top

I think we'll probably get a lot more recruits in Feb. I'm guessing it'll be the high 3* and 4* that sign now. The 5* guys have a lot more leverage, and might want to wait.
Back to the top

I actually think it might be a little the other way.  The 5* guys will sign whenever they want - they have all the leverage.  The high 3*/low 4* guys are right now getting pressured heavily into signing today or their offer will go to somebody else.  The schools have all the leverage on those guys to force them by saying if you don't sign you really aren't committed and we need to look elsewhere.  So those guys have to either sign or roll the dice and hope that they still get what they want in February.  There is no dice on the 5*.

I do agree that many of our targets are probably going to be those guys who wait.  They'll hope to still get new offers by the big boys from the guys who don't sign now - but this process gives us a good chance to be the close second choice and pickup some of those players coming off of our success and with our coaching staff looking like they will hang around for longer than most people envisioned.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

owlsdad said

I actually think it might be a little the other way.  The 5* guys will sign whenever they want - they have all the leverage.  The high 3*/low 4* guys are right now getting pressured heavily into signing today or their offer will go to somebody else.  The schools have all the leverage on those guys to force them by saying if you don't sign you really aren't committed and we need to look elsewhere.  So those guys have to either sign or roll the dice and hope that they still get what they want in February.  There is no dice on the 5*.

I do agree that many of our targets are probably going to be those guys who wait.  They'll hope to still get new offers by the big boys from the guys who don't sign now - but this process gives us a good chance to be the close second choice and pickup some of those players coming off of our success and with our coaching staff looking like they will hang around for longer than most people envisioned.
Posted On: Dec 20th 2017, 9:44 AM #375610

I think we actually agreed lol - 5* guys waiting, high 3* and 4* guys signing now since they might get scholarship offers retracted, and other 3* guys getting passed on, then signing with G5 programs in Feb.

I probably could have typed more clearly.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Tre Jackson is in…

Winter Garden 2* DE Franklin "Tre" Jackson Commits to FAU's Class of 2018 - FAU Owl's Nest

All six previous verbals are now official.
Back to the top
Control functions: