Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Class of 2018 General Discussion

Add topic

This has been an extremely bizarre recruiting cycle.  We are at the bottom of the conference with a double digit win year and Lane Kiffen at HC.   :Thinking:

We will see how things shake out come February.  What is crazy to me is how hard it is compared to years past to find ANY news on FAU recruiting.  I know we don't have anybody covering us - but in years past you could read articles about the kids and they would mention FAU.  Not this year.  We are getting 100x the pub as a program and 1/10th the pub in recruiting…something is off.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Sly like a fox. I think our head guy has tight lips.
Back to the top

We still have nearly 20 spots to fill, wait til Feb. guys.

And WKU did very well but then they are in a down year, again losing lots of talent so they can say you will play next year. FIU and la. tech did ok but theyare now full vbasically. And the others while signing a bunch, MANY are our old types of recruits, FCS or no offers (ZERO or TRUE 2*'s) at besides where they signed types.

If you are a RB, do you want to come to FAU with Motor here for possibly 2 more years as well as a bunch of real quality "back-ups". Or QB….

And we DO have the highest average per recruit - even with Holmes still being rated only a 2* by both Rivals and 24/7. Thought he had a very good year at JUCO, don't get it at all!!!!
Back to the top

Last year we were basically near the top of the pecking order competing with other G5 schools.  This year we are basically at the bottom of the pecking order but competing with P5 schools.  When it's all said and done, we will again have the best recruiting class in school history
Back to the top

Get the damn bulldozers working and get Coack K signed to his extension and things will explode. Now, they are STILL using Lane leaving against us!!! Get it done FAU admins!!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

And we DO have the highest average per recruit - even with Holmes still being rated only a 2* by both Rivals and 24/7. Thought he had a very good year at JUCO, don't get it at all!!!!
Posted On: Dec 24th 2017, 12:29 PM #375906

He had a good season this past year, but from what I understand didn't do much at the spot he was at right after he left SDSU – had something like 9 catches all year.
Back to the top

Yes, you are right - did nothing with Southern Utah (FCS) and very good at JUCO.

Oh well, our gain!
Back to the top

3* WDE Jaylen Joyner out of Orlando has listed as has his "favorite" destination and he will be on campus next weekend. Let's lock him up! Offers from many top programs, including VT, Tenn, UNC, NC State and others.
Back to the top

Here's a RB that we would LOVE to have…

Back to the top

Rick said

Here's a RB that we would LOVE to have…

Posted On: Jan 25th 2018, 9:17 PM #376679

Wonder how the Davidson pick up could come into play with him.
Back to the top
Control functions: