Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Are you worried about Kiffin leaving?

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

teambeer said

Dabo is the guy that replaces him, it’s the only job he’s leave Clemson for. They will pay him 15mm a year if they have to. 

Lane to LSU in 2 makes good sense though, they can handle the quirks. 
Posted On: Jan 15th 2018, 6:47 PM #376366

BUT can HE handle the usual SEC rediculous expectations???? I really don't know why anyone would d want THAT just for more $$$.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2018, 2:34 PM #376373

I don't know that he'd want to, but he did play receiver for Bama in the 90s and won a national championship there as a player, so he could want to go back to his alma mater and win there.
Posted On: Jan 16th 2018, 2:53 PM #376374

IMO as long as he is able to recruit Florida better than FSU and Miami (the ACC) he would be a fool to leave.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It’s about being a legend at your alma mater. All of you should know better than most what kind of connection is made to your school. 

Also, he’s already won a Natty at Clemson, this year was a disappointment to some fans up there. With the feast, comes the hunger. 
Back to the top

So…just for kicks:

Who is "that guy" for us??

Definitely and interesting notion.

Only two "possible" names come to mind, and one is not even coaching right now.

Jared Allen
Rusty Smith
Back to the top

Yeah, for us, it's someone like Jared had he stayed in the business.

The Rusty story could be interesting, though I get the feeling he's happier just coaching HS ball and being a family man than trying to climb the ladder.
Back to the top

Rusty absolutely despised the city of Boca, I don't see him coming here.  
Back to the top

I feel like "our guy" would be somebody like Driskell 10 years. Starting qb for what could be the best coach in FAU history (all respect to Schnelly, but there's a massive difference between starting a program and putting a program into the national discussion the way that Kiffin has), started for the best season in FAU history, and might be back as the starter next year.

Rusty was the face of the program, but I just couldn't see him coming back to Boca. Maybe Jared?
Back to the top

owlmart said

Posted On: Jan 17th 2018, 9:09 AM #376397

For a man who despised boca he loved coming back to FAU games.
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlmart said

Posted On: Jan 17th 2018, 9:09 AM #376397

For a man who despised boca he loved coming back to FAU games.
Posted On: Jan 17th 2018, 9:41 AM #376402

I mean he has some affection for his old program, going to a game for a few hours is one thing but actually living here is another.  And yes, Rusty hated the South Florida area in general, it takes a certain mentality to want to live here.  Tennessee is definitely more his scene.
Back to the top

Rusty was from N. Florida right, like Jacksonvillish??? Us S. Florida kids never got along with N. Florida kids (especially the PAN handle!) :Laughing:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rusty was from N. Florida right, like Jacksonvillish??? Us S. Florida kids never got along with N. Florida kids (especially the PAN handle!) :Laughing:
Posted On: Jan 18th 2018, 2:36 PM #376465

Panhandlers always like to act like they're from Bama.
Back to the top
Control functions: