Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU band at Trump Palm Beach Golf Club

Add topic

I just watched the FAU band play for Donald And Melania Trump on Fox News. A few cheerleaders and dance team also.

I do expect a few objections from liberals on this. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I just watched the FAU band play for Donald And Melania Trump on Fox News. A few cheerleaders and dance team also.

Posted On: Feb 4th 2018, 6:41 PM #376897

Who cares.  Like it or not he is POTUS.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

No objection here, just doing what they are suppossed to and he is the POTUS. Good job Owls!
Back to the top

As long as FAU got compensated, I have no problem.  I would cash the check fast, though, if there was one.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Feb 4th 2018, 6:41 PM #376897

Maybe. From my standpoint, not really much to object to…

They were invited. They get invited to represent at numerous functions outside university events. As such, showing up does not represent an endorsement from FAU of the President.

We're basically paid entertainment - at least I hope we're paid, since that can then further fund those individual endeavors.

It's up the individual members of the band, cheerleaders and dance team to abstain if they so choose.
Back to the top

Great job Owls!  

Who would object to this?  This isn't even a political forum.  I would have been more upset if they got the band from UM or something.
Back to the top

Non issue. Who cares. They weren't going to protest and not show up, so it's whatever.
Back to the top

Cool experience.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: