Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Add topic

2018 FAU Football Signing Day Thread

Florida Atlantic Football will welcome the members of their 2018 Signing Class on Wednesday, February 7th, marking the second group of newcomers under Head Coach Lane Kiffin.

Once again, the staff travelled far and wide to assemble the their body or work.

The target number for the class will be at or about 22 members, and will include players who have already joined the program, such as Oklahoma quarterback transfer Chris Robison.

FAU will be confirming the new signees once their Letters of Intent (NLI) have been reviewed by the staff and deemed official.

Prospects can begin signing at 7:00 AM in their respective time zones on Wednesday, and are asked to have their NLI in by 10:00 AM local time.

We'll be monitoring that action, posting some tweets and comments here, and updating the commit list as the prospects join the Team.

Feel free to pitch in here as well!

GO OWLS!!!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Hope everybody has had their morning cup of joe, because signees will be flying in any minute now.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

missed out on coffee.
Back to the top

Remember when this used to be the most exciting day of the year for FAU football? Because we'd only won 3 games, and were hoping that we could get good players. Then we got good players, then only won 3 games the following season lol.
Back to the top

Owls can't flip 3* JaKorey Hawkins from Ole Miss. The Montgomery, AL DB visited Boca Raton the weekend of Jan. 19th.

This was one of the "flip possibilities" FAU had their eye on.

Back to the top

Another flip possibility we are keeping an eye on is Kavosiey Smoke, 3* RB from Wetumpka, AL. He has FAU in his top three with Kentucky and North Carolina.

My two cents: he will be Lexington, KY bound.

Back to the top

UK has taken alot of players we wanted.

I would have killed for Bryce Oliver WR out of Dillard
Back to the top

I have not normally followed commitments very closely because so much changes between today and what happens on the field but I understand it's always better to start with a higher ranking class so it does matter.

My question is what is really the best number for ranking versus other schools?  It would seem to me that the average would be more telling than the total.  If you have a year where you don't need a lot of bodies but your average is very high seems to tell me more than signing 20 something 1 and 2 star guys.   

Am I missing something here?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

UK has taken alot of players we wanted.

I would have killed for Bryce Oliver WR out of Dillard
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 9:04 AM #376975

Ol Eddie Gran has been killing us on the recruiting trail for S Fla players since I can remember…

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

My question is what is really the best number for ranking versus other schools?
Posted On: Feb 7th 2018, 9:07 AM #376976

My two cents is composite score average…it's a quality benchmark over the total points metric which is biased towards overall number.
Back to the top
Control functions: