Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Class of 2018 General Discussion

Add topic

David Slavic said

Cardarius Gaskin, at 117 is the first one I saw that was offered by G5 school - Kent State and FAU. He's a 3* WR, and we have 11 WR's on the roster. He still has offers from several P5 schools.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 10:00 AM #376936

I should clarify that hasn't committed yet - there are a couple USF and Toledo commits in that list.

Those ones, that are committed to Toledo and USF, are the ones we should be going after and keeping them in-state.

But, a couple of them went to IMG Academy, so you can't really count them as in-state.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Cardarius Gaskin, at 117 is the first one I saw that was offered by G5 school - Kent State and FAU. He's a 3* WR, and we have 11 WR's on the roster. He still has offers from several P5 schools.

This is a guy I really want the staff to secure. For whatever reason we seem to have trouble getting kids out of Atlantic(?). It is right up the street from the campus. I would want to be the school of choice for anyone in in the Delray area looking to stay in-state. Plus, he looks like a beast – has the size and skill set to thrive here.  
Back to the top

d-owl said

David Slavic said

This is a guy I really want the staff to secure. For whatever reason we seem to have trouble getting kids out of Atlantic(?). It is right up the street from the campus. I would want to be the school of choice for anyone in in the Delray area looking to stay in-state. Plus, he looks like a beast – has the size and skill set to thrive here.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 11:26 AM #376938
Atlantic has not produced many kids at out level. Gaskins wants to play baseball who knows how at was going to work out.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

d-owl said

David Slavic said

Atlantic has not produced many kids at out level. Gaskins wants to play baseball who knows how at was going to work out.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 12:23 PM #376939

That's right - forgot about baseball. Will be interesting. It looks like Kent State got in the mix and he may have had serious interest to go there, but it also looks like Kent State got another tall 3* receiver to flip to them yesterday. He was actually supposed to announce yesterday via his twitter – but didn't (wonder if he got thrown off with KState's activity yesterday). Oh, the wonderful world of recruiting.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

d-owl said

David Slavic said

So let him play baseball too - what is the real problem there - we HAVE a good baseball team and seriuos injury is NOT a huge risk in baseball!!!!! We lost an ALL AAC WR/KR because he wanted to play (AND DOES!) baseball too - for Rutgers!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Here's an interesting info graph from ESPN, showing the top states for recruiting. Interestingly, Florida is the top state for recruiting, which is why all the P5 schools are in here as much as possible. We're not just competing with UF, FSU, and UM, we're competing with traditional powerhouses like Indiana, so it's tough to recruit the kind of high school player that we can get from JUCO.

College football recruiting's true battlegrounds
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owlcountry40 said

d-owl said

David Slavic said

So let him play baseball too - what is the real problem there - we HAVE a good baseball team and seriuos injury is NOT a huge risk in baseball!!!!! We lost an ALL AAC WR/KR because he wanted to play (AND DOES!) baseball too - for Rutgers!!!!!!!
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 3:10 PM #376945
How do you know McCormick wants that?
We lost Juwaun Harris because he wanted to play in the big 10.
He also had to change positions at Rutgers
Please look stuff up when you post so it looks like you even kinda know what you're talking about.

Back to the top

Quality OC40 post. Give info . Then give jab. Angry young guy syndrome.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

FAU has really tried to get some local kids, but its hard to compete with the kids when they all have major offers.

FAU made a big push for guys like Bryce Oliver and Stanley Gardner, but they both ended up at UK.

2018 Top Florida Football Recruits

Herer is top 400 kids in the state of Florida see how far you have to scroll down to find a kid without a P5 offer.

Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 9:52 AM #376935

I can appreciate the fact that we dont get looks from kids going to Clemson, UF, FSU, Georgia, Bama…

What I dont understand is the kids that are going to Indiana, Rutgers, Toledo, Minnesota and not even giving us a look.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Quality OC40 post. Give info . Then give jab. Angry young guy syndrome.
Posted On: Feb 6th 2018, 4:17 PM #376950

😂

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: