Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Class of 2019 Recruiting Discussion

Add topic

Local Owl said

No doubt. I just figured he would choose a team with a bigger need/less crowded QB position.
Posted On: Apr 6th 2018, 4:28 PM #377942

That position is far from crowded.
Back to the top

I would worry about team chemistry if he came this year. Both DJ and CR have been here for a full year and there is a healthy QB competition going on. DJ seems to have recovered from all accounts. I'd honestly rather go with who we have now.
Back to the top

And this could be being done just to send a message too!
Back to the top

I don't think the QB position is crowded, I'd welcome one more 4*.
Back to the top

Wow, what a quiet posting weekend, especially with the public scrimmage in Lauderdale and the visitors to it (Celebs, potential TRANSFERS).

Did anyone on here go, did anyone take pics or have an opinion, I have read of one comment so far.

Post people, that is what this is for and RECRUITS AND FAMILIES DO READ THIS STUFF. WE KNOW PRESIDENT KELLY DOES!

Here is some CUSA recruiting news, an article on North Texas and their situation;

College Sports: UNT football recruits with least money of Texas public schools; how do other schools break down? | SportsDay''

Intersting read!
Back to the top

That is pretty interesting. I would have thought UT is king of revenue and expenses just like UF. A & M contributions are double UT. That really surprised me. A & M according that article had a surplus and UT ran a deficit with about the same revenue.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Two reasons.  
1)A&M has the best Petroleum Engineering program in the country.  Lots of oil money flows their way from alumni and the companies that they work for.  They just completed a 1/2 billion renovation of Kyle Field funded by donations.  
2) Loyalty, tradition, love of campus, real bonds of Aggie friendships.  As a visitor you can spend an hour on campus and you will be greeted with "Howdy" numerous times and students will come up to you to see if they can help you find your way. The midnight yells before football game have 30,000 in attendance.  The Silver Taps ceremony held each month to honor the Aggies that were recently lost. The Muster held each year across the world in April where Aggies congregate to unite the current Aggies in each area with the ones came before them.  The Corps step off from the Quad before each home game.  
In most other contexts, the use of tradition as a motivator seems almost contrived.  At College Station, however, it is a real and tangible thing that makes the school and alumni totally unique.
Back to the top

bb said

Two reasons.  
1)A&M has the best Petroleum Engineering program in the country.  Lots of oil money flows their way from alumni and the companies that they work for.  They just completed a 1/2 billion renovation of Kyle Field funded by donations.  
2) Loyalty, tradition, love of campus, real bonds of Aggie friendships.  As a visitor you can spend an hour on campus and you will be greeted with "Howdy" numerous times and students will come up to you to see if they can help you find your way. The midnight yells before football game have 30,000 in attendance.  The Silver Taps ceremony held each month to honor the Aggies that were recently lost. The Muster held each year across the world in April where Aggies congregate to unite the current Aggies in each area with the ones came before them.  The Corps step off from the Quad before each home game.  
In most other contexts, the use of tradition as a motivator seems almost contrived.  At College Station, however, it is a real and tangible thing that makes the school and alumni totally unique.
Posted On: Apr 10th 2018, 12:16 PM #377994

All great points AND they are now in the SEC and OUT OF the Texas shadow!
Back to the top

owlmart said

I don't think the QB position is crowded, I'd welcome one more 4*.
Posted On: Apr 6th 2018, 10:37 PM #377957

Per Twitter, he chose Indiana.
Back to the top

Wish we would have got this kid.

I’m just nervous about the QB’s because they are so inexperienced and they both have others issues with either health or off the field issues.
Back to the top
Control functions: