Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Changes To Conference USA Scheduling 2018-2019

Add topic

Conference USA will debut a new scheduling procedure for league play this upcoming season. Under this new format each Conference USA team would pay each other, and their travel partners twice during the first seven weeks of the season. After the first seven weeks has concluded the 14 conference teams will be divided into three groups based on standings (1-5),(6-10) and (11-14). Each team will play 4 games within their group over the final three weeks of the season.

The conclusion of "group play" will mark an end to the regular season. The top 12 teams from the final conference USA standings will advance to the Conference USA Tournament where the winner will receive can automatic birth in the NCAA Tournament.  This scheduling modification was created by Conference USA to help get more conference teams “at-large bids” into the NCAA tournament.  This modification gives teams who have an opportunity to make a post season tournament a chance to strengthen RPI and earn more key wins against quality opponents. The 2018-2019 Conference USA Men`s Tournament will be held March 13-16 in Frisco, Texas.

For those who do not know, my name is Ryan Rubloff.  I am a student right here at FAU.  I was given a fantastic opportunity to join the Owls Nest team a few months ago. I have been a part of the FAU family for as far back as I can remember, and I am thrilled to help cover FAU Sports. Follow me on Twitter! @Ryan_R27
Back to the top

Welcome Ryan. The more , the merrier. We all love FAU sports.
Back to the top

Welcome aboard Ryan! 
Back to the top

sounds complicated. Welcome Ryan.
Back to the top

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

sounds complicated. Welcome Ryan.
Posted On: May 30th 2018, 8:27 PM #378542

The article from deadspin explains it, it’s not complicated.  Might help, might not but it’s worth a shot.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: