Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Talk of Hurts to FAU

I think that depends on how the QB's do this year.
Back to the top

I'm having a seriously hard time being patient. I need football !
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm having a seriously hard time being patient. I need football !

Posted On: Jul 19th 2018, 6:51 PM #379142

The first weekend is going to be awesome.

Saturday
FAU @ OU At Noon
Mich @ ND @ 7:30

Sunday
Miami vs LSU @ 7:30

Monday
VT @ FSU @ 8

Plenty of other great games but those are my highlights.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm going to need a "recovery" nap.
Back to the top

maybe Lane convinces him to switch to receiver and maybe get a shot at the league if it goes well....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

He would DOMINATE CUSA and put up ridiculous numbers as QB. Over 2000 yds. passing at over 60% completions, 17-1 td-int ratio and almost 600 yds. rushing in a run dominant (65%) O at Bama last year in the SEC!

G=He has now said he is staying at Bama this year, he will graduate and be able to transfer and play immediately. Even the ESPN talking heads say he is coming here to be with lane next season.

As they say, we shall see!
Back to the top

Jalen Hurts to FAU??

Anyone think we have a legitimate shot at landing Hurts and if we some how do, any chance he’s automatically the starter?
Back to the top

To your first question - no.  That means the second question doesn't matter.

I see Hurts wanting to still be on a bigger stage with a coach who could help his draft status.  Coming to FAU and playing in front of 15k and maybe playing in a low-tier bowl game versus going to somewhere like Arizona, Maryland, Oklahoma, TCU, UCLA, etc. just seems highly unlikely.  He would light up CUSA, but probably more running than throwing.  All of those other schools along with Houston and their new coach (and Hurts being from Texas) seem more realistic.
Back to the top

Sadly I have to agree with you. Houston is now the favorite but they too are a Group of 5 team. I see a Power 5 move myself.
Back to the top

If we made a bowl last year and continued the type of play from 2017 it would’ve been interesting to see him come here and take us further.  He would be the best conference USA player immediately, FAU would be on the map for sure once again.  Attendance would still be low but better than average, but the buzz will be huge just like the Kiffin hire.  The narrative would’ve been Hurts humbling himself more  to play for his former coach and if FAU say won he would get the credit.  But the ESPN narrative would’ve painted it as he is playing no competition and he’s devaluing his draft status and so forth.  My take on it, I would look for the school that I can play as the starter right away,  prove that I am an overall winner still, and that I can succeed without Saban and the talent of Alabama.  He would be able to put up gaudy numbers in CUSA and if Kiffin indeed want to leave someday this would be part of his plan to help him get there.  It would be exciting though if he did come here, but we don’t have the pieces in place to make it desirable yet.  
Back to the top
Control functions: