Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Bethune Cookman @ FAU Game Thread - September 15, 2018

Add topic

Don't think Young played and Al-Shaair only played the first quarter.  I also saw quite a few backups on D playing before half, still the defense was atrocious.  Offense was okay, BCU was playing receivers like 10 yards off, so running was easy sledding for the most part.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Don't think Young played and Al-Shaair only played the first quarter.  I also saw quite a few backups on D playing before half, still the defense was atrocious.  Offense was okay, BCU was playing receivers like 10 yards off, so running was easy sledding for the most part.
Posted On: Sep 15th 2018, 9:37 PM #380792

I have seen nothing after 3 games to make me believe we can stop Milton and UCF's offense at all.
Back to the top

Was listening to the post game. Most of the defensive starters were gone by the end of the 1st half, and the offense was playing with second team guys by the start of the second half, but yea, improvements have to be made by Friday, especially on the punt team. God our punter had to act like Motor just to get the punt off. was disappointed that more students didnt stick around after half time. we are going to need them once conference play starts. 
Back to the top

I thought DeAndre Johnson looked really good and disciplined. I thought Robison looked sloppy after the 1st quarter.
Back to the top

voss749 said

I thought DeAndre Johnson looked really good and disciplined. I thought Robison looked sloppy after the 1st quarter.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 12:54 AM #380805

I just feel DeAndre has to be infused in this offense to some degree going forward – pace seems faster with him in there and that one throw he had was nice with zip.
Back to the top

In post-game interviews Motor said they got too comfortable after getting a 29-0 lead.

That won't be an issue on Friday.
Back to the top

d-owl said

voss749 said

Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 12:54 AM #380805

I just feel DeAndre has to be infused in this offense to some degree going forward – pace seems faster with him in there and that one throw he had was nice with zip.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 12:59 AM #380806

I agree with this 100%. The offense was definitely moving quicker with him as QB. Robison is a good athlete but he isn’t explosive running the ball like Johnson is. 

At minimum he has to have a JFiii role in the offense
Back to the top

It concerns me that many times it takes us 4 downs to get a first down. Some drives it may happen twice. It happens almost every possession at least once. Granted that is used most often against weaker teams but why does it take 4 downs against a weaker team? 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

It concerns me that many times it takes us 4 downs to get a first down. Some drives it may happen twice. It happens almost every possession at least once. Granted that is used most often against weaker teams but why does it take 4 downs against a weaker team? 
Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 9:41 PM #380888

Exactly, a 4th and 1 means you are averaging 3 yds. a play - pretty BAD for that set of downs actually!

Get id =t fixed Coaches and Players, get focused and ready for UCF and CUSA!!!!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 9:41 PM #380888

These plays just seem slower to get going compared to last year and the box is loaded just waiting for the standard handoff and stuffing it.
Back to the top
Control functions: