Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ MTSU Game Thread - September 29, 2018

Add topic

FAU @ MTSU Game Thread - September 29, 2018

The Matchup: FAU (2-2) vs. MTSU (1-2)

When: Saturday, September 29th, 7:00 PM

Where: Floyd Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Murfreesboro, TN

The Series: The Owls trail 11-4 but broke a nine game losing streak 38-20 in 2017.

Blue Raider Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: NONE

Live Video: FaceBook

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Opening Line: FAU -4

Back to the top

Based on numbers, this looks like it could shape up to be a shootout.  MTSU has faced 1 good offensive team (UGA), and they are giving up 40.33 points/game to FAU's 43.5.

I want to see FAU get back to going really fast, but really fast with the controlled attack from 2017 where we seldom had many 3-and-outs.  One thing I have noticed is that we get to the line quickly like last year, but then it takes much longer to get the play off.  I think that has to do with a RS FR playing QB and also it looks like we probably have more options we are thinking about - last year it seemed we were ready to go, already had the next play (or a simple check between 2 calls), and we snapped the ball.

UCF looked like us last year - fast to the line, and fast to make the read and snap the ball.  That was a big reason the D went from looking ok through the second quarter to looking like they were dead halfway through the 3rd (because they were).  We need to get back to doing that to people to get big leads, make other teams have to pass all the time, and then pin our ears back to get after the QB that would help our defensive backs.  We were great last year because of how the O made the games flow.
Back to the top

Line opens at FAU -4...
Back to the top

One thing has me feeling up on this game S&P rankings have us about 40 spots above MTSU
Back to the top

Rick said

Game Information

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2018, 3:22 PM #381296

Just an FYI, there is NO TV tomorrow, the game is Facebook exclusive.

Back to the top

Rick said

Rick said

Game Information

Posted On: Sep 28th 2018, 9:32 AM #381356

Evidently we are not in the ACC or SEC. #FAU #OwlsUp
Back to the top

Tonight will be my virgin Facebook football game. We'll see how this goes.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

Rick said

Game Information

Posted On: Sep 28th 2018, 10:28 PM #381360

Actually, this is a big CUSA issue.  My small FCS alma mater is part of the Southern Conference (SoCon).  They have a conference-wide deal with ESPN.  Up until this year, all the games (maybe not all - but something like over 100 per season) were shown on ESPN3.  This year more than 1/2 went to ESPN+, so I have to pay $4.99/month.  But I can watch all but one of their games this season on a regular, quality stream on my TV without having to do anything other than having a Roku or other streaming device and the ESPN app.

I don't see how the SoCon can have something like that, and CUSA can't.  The schools have to do the production themselves, but it is actually a good thing with the exposure and the opportunity for your play by play guy and analyst, training opportunities, etc.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

fauowl said

Rick said

Rick said

Game Information

Actually, this is a big CUSA issue.  My small FCS alma mater is part of the Southern Conference (SoCon).  They have a conference-wide deal with ESPN.  Up until this year, all the games (maybe not all - but something like over 100 per season) were shown on ESPN3.  This year more than 1/2 went to ESPN+, so I have to pay $4.99/month.  But I can watch all but one of their games this season on a regular, quality stream on my TV without having to do anything other than having a Roku or other streaming device and the ESPN app.

I don't see how the SoCon can have something like that, and CUSA can't.  The schools have to do the production themselves, but it is actually a good thing with the exposure and the opportunity for your play by play guy and analyst, training opportunities, etc.
Posted On: Sep 29th 2018, 9:53 AM #381362

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Facebook. It’s really the same concept as espn 3 and espn+ online streaming. Just download Facebook or Facebook watch to your smart streaming device and enjoy. Downloaded it on my Xbox this morning. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

owlsdad said

fauowl said

Rick said

Rick said

Game Information

Posted On: Sep 29th 2018, 9:53 AM #381362

I don’t think there is anything wrong with Facebook. It’s really the same concept as espn 3 and espn+ online streaming. Just download Facebook or Facebook watch to your smart streaming device and enjoy. Downloaded it on my Xbox this morning. 
Posted On: Sep 29th 2018, 10:00 AM #381363

I agree nothing wrong with the game being on Facebook Gives me a chance to watch the game, while I work on building my kids birthday present.
Back to the top
Control functions: