Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - October 6th, 2018

Add topic

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - October 6, 2018

The Matchup: Old Dominion (1-4, 0-1) vs. FAU (2-3, 0-1)

When: Saturday, October 6th, 5:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: All tied up at 2-2, the Owls took last season's meeting 58-28.

Old Dominion Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: MyTV WTCN (local)

Live Video: Stadium

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Opening Line: FAU - 16.5

Back to the top

Owls open as big favorites against the Monarchs…

- 16.5 points. 
Back to the top

Rick said

Owls open as big favorites against the Monarchs…

- 16.5 points. 
Posted On: Sep 30th 2018, 4:54 PM #381557

Wow. This is really becoming hilarious.  We are a joke right now.  Time for this team to stop riding the Kiffin hype and  actually start producing.   The way we are playing we shouldn't be favored over anyone more than -3 home or away.  
Back to the top

The S&P+ Ratings currently ranks FAU at 74 with a rating of -1.2 and ODU at 104 with a rating of -9.7 (updated as of 9/30/18).

This means FAU is predicted to score 1.2 points less than the average college football team and ODU 9.7 points less.

The Ratings were created to try and create predictability along the same lines as Vegas (and Kiffin Hype is not part of the equation).  :Winking:

Therefore FAU is predicted to win (interestingly enough the Ratings difference does not match the Vegas spread, points wise).
Back to the top

Home again at least!
Back to the top

On the one hand, ODU got crushed by first-year FBS Liberty, lost to friggin' Charlotte, and just got beat by ECU (who in week 2 lost to an FCS team).  On the other hand, ODU beat Virginia Tech and gained 632 yards against a P5 ranked team.  It seemed to be the perfect storm with the Hokies having injuries and penalties and everything else going wrong, but it is hard to have that kind of success against anybody fielding a team with 80-something scholarships.

So which ODU team do we see?  Better - which FAU team do we see (one that finds a groove offensively so the defense can play like they did last season, or what we have seen so far this year)?

I actually watched the ODU @ Charlotte game (I am a glutton for punishment), and if that is the team that shows up we should roll.  But like lots of the other posts say we have to figure out who we want to be offensively.  Running team, play DJ; balanced team, start running more timing passes and take some shots; but regardless of which, get going fast again and get rhythm and timing back so we don't wear Motor out before we get half-way through the season.
Back to the top

16.5!? LOL..jeez...if I were a betting man....
Back to the top

I'm staying away from betting this game due to unpredictability. Who knows what product will show up. RoscoeOwl said it best. Stop with the Kiffin hype. Just play better.
Back to the top

Ha! Yeah, in no way was my post an endorsement to bet on us but rather an empirical source for the point spread.

We don't even get the benefits of home field advantage with our low attendance numbers.

Too many other factors currently out there for us - science doesn't apply.
Back to the top

This team needs our support this game what a terrible lost last week. I know UM vs FSU is a big game going on but I truly hope there will be a decent crowd this game.

I expect a Qb change and some new schemes because what we have been doing isn't working.

Looking forward to another great tailgate at the alumni center and to watching another great game at home.

Go owls!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: