Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sitting at 2-3, now for the rest of the way...

Where we are as a program, LN, or any head coach for that matter will have take a chance on the Coaches he brings in.  You hope you did your due diligence and they work out.

IMO, you need to give Weis Jr. a chance … It's his first year calling plays, so you had to expect some growing pains … if he's as smart as LN and others have talk about him, then I would think he will learn from this and grow as an OC. If he struggles again next season then I can see making a change.

The hardest lessons to learn for coaches, is the ability to evaluate and remain flexible so you can maximize the use of the talent and uniqueness each players bring.  Recognize the team strong suit  and  implement games plans that will allow the players to use their talents the best.

Easier say then done …  
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I would love to know why we choose Garrison instead of bringing back Justice.
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 1:37 PM #382374

Because Chris Kiffin wanted him here and is his friend…That's pretty much it. Justice was on board to return… 

Back to the top

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

Because Chris Kiffin wanted him here and is his friend…That's pretty much it. Justice was on board to return… 

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 3:03 PM #382378

Then Chris leaves……………. :Thinking:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

Then Chris leaves……………. :Thinking:
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 3:09 PM #382379

Chris I’m pretty sure left cause of the sanctions 
Back to the top

@Rick…. 100% correct.
Back to the top

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

I think you're vastly underestimating the fact we had three guys in the middle last year two of which had nine years of playing together for 9 years going back to high school and Jakobi Smith was another RS SR.

Antonyo was a  coach on that oline along with a vet QB.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Is that he supposedly has a photographic memory, and I thought he could just watch our plays last year and copy Briles. That hasn't happened for whatever reason.
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 12:49 PM #382366

Well, that may be because he's not supposed to.

My tin foil hat theory is that our new OC was not hired to be a full blown coordinator but rather an extension of the head coach, allowing the HC to wear both visors.

Weis uses that photographic memory in the booth to relay information down to Kiffin on the sideline, who relays the play to the qb.

So in a way he is an analyst.  

Oh, and we also hired Frank Diaz from season 3 of Last Chance U to be the qb coach.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I think you're vastly underestimating the fact we had three guys in the middle last year two of which had nine years of playing together for 9 years going back to high school

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2018, 7:43 PM #382384

This is a solid point you've made before, and I can get behind that.

But this would also assume that most good college olines have been playing together since high school, which usually isn't the case.

Back to the top

Well Weis Jr. is sure making a heck of a lot less than Briles was ($200k less). Maybe he isn't doing much.
Back to the top

I agree with OC's point about linemen playing better together after they have played together. But Rick was answering a totally different question. He answered,"why didn't we re hire Justice". The answer he gave is not "vastly underestimated".
Back to the top
Control functions: