Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football Coaching Carousel

Add topic

Not a CUSA note here but Maryland has hired Bama OC Locksley as HC (a BIG stretch to me!) and the speculation is that Hurts may follow him there. Don't see why since he was treated pretty poorly this season in losing his job and no communication to him about it!

I still pray he comes back to Coach K for his last college season - he will DESTROY CUSA D's! AND give Robison a year to learn and back up - he is still not ready, not yet a gamer to me!!!

I know, not likely to happen but…..
Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

N. Texas HC Littrell turns down Kansas St.!

Seth Littrell turns down K-State to stay at North Texas | Rivals Message Boards

Posted On: Dec 7th 2018, 12:28 PM #384033

Its more like they turned him down…he wanted his own staff and they said no.

Which is a JOKE…then again, its a "family program".

They can't move on until they let people hire who they want to…
Back to the top

Very true Rick, I had read that. Was his choice to say no but they did give him little choice! DUMB!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Very true Rick, I had read that. Was his choice to say no but they did give him little choice! DUMB!!!
Posted On: Dec 7th 2018, 2:18 PM #384035

Not always dumb.

Because when you let a coach pick a staff sometimes you end up with you your dad as the DC like WKU.

unless you are getting an A+ hire for your school you do not let them hire assistants you do not think is qualified.  
Back to the top

OC, I personally agree about guys bring their entire MAC or CUSA staff with them, NOT gonna translate to Power 5 play or recruiting very quickly or even at all!

But how do you force a man to keep a coach he does not want or trust, in this cases going to the Snyder roots, that got prior Coaches fired there and Snyder came back (lots of backstabbing in that history!). A LOT like Fulmer at Tennessee backstabbing Coaches to try and get his old HC job back!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Not always dumb.

Because when you let a coach pick a staff sometimes you end up with you your dad as the DC like WKU.

Posted On: Dec 7th 2018, 4:07 PM #384036

So Lane hiring his dad as the DC at Tennessee and USC was what? Ha!

Just funny you cited this example with our current coach.

Back to the top

La Tech not retaining Holtz!
Back to the top

AKRON said to be hiring the OREGON OC as HC!!!!!

AKRON GUYS!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO BETTER THAN 10-12 UNDER BAD, BORING WILLIE O IN CUSA!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

AKRON said to be hiring the OREGON OC as HC!!!!!

AKRON GUYS!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO BETTER THAN 10-12 UNDER BAD, BORING WILLIE O IN CUSA!
Posted On: Nov 29th 2021, 6:10 AM #405580

Would Joe Moorhead really be an upgrade over Willie? Moorhead got fired after his only two seasons as an FBS head coach at Mississippi St.
Back to the top
Control functions: