Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alcohol Sales in Stadium

Add topic

Alcohol sales at Floyd Stadium bring in almost $50K during 2018 ... It's mostly a matter of curiosity but, does anyone have the numbers from our sales? I imagine it would be high but, there's also an awful lot of drinking done outside/beforehand. 
Back to the top

According to this site showing rolling attendance numbers, most of CUSA is relatively close to one another in average attendance, so my guess is alcohol sales at MTSU and FAU probably aren't drastically different.

But off-topic, the numbers are pretty awful for the conference as a whole.  Marshall leads the way at #83, but more than half the conference is below #100 (of 131 schools). Until the numbers drastically increase, the thought of FAU or FIU (or just about any CUSA team) being a target for a "bigger" conference is unrealistic.

2018 College Football Attendance Rankings: Five-Year Average
Back to the top

This is a process, the football program becoming more popular. We’ve already seen the effect it’s had on basketball. Motor and Kerrith leaving early was actually great for the program. Now recruits want to come here and fee they can make it all the way to the NFL. I think youre drastically underestimating the value that FAU (and the school down south) offers a conference. While some weren’t looking, we’ve become a go to destination for up and coming b-ball and football coaches to move up the ladder as we are viewed as a launching pad for the P5. Quite a change from 2 years ago. Imagine what the prospects will be in 10 years. Honestly beyond the diehards I can’t blame fringe fans for not showing up to la tech or Charlotte. We need to get a P5 down here asap
Back to the top

I haven't been to too many college stadiums. My curiosity grew from the UCF game, where I couldn't help but compare their full-bar area to ours. And then I extended that surface-value-comparison (coupled, probably, with my pride), for whatever that's worth, to self-guided, virtual tours of other CUSA stadiums. Yada-yada-yada, hard liquor marks up. Who cares.

I'd also say, that pushing kids into the NFL early should work in our favor. That's the whole point? Right? At least for the kids with those aspirations.

But here I mentioned in another post, another time, that we should be less concerned with moving-up to a better conference and more concerned about improving our own.  
Back to the top
Control functions: