Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU in 2018-19 C-USA Bonus Play

Add topic

C-USA has announced the games for the inaugural year of Bonus Play. The Owls squeaked into the middle pod thanks to a pair of wins over North Texas and Rice.

Out of the four opponents in their pod, FAU is forced to travel to the two furthest away from Boca: North Texas and Marshall. Moreover, the Mean Green and Thundering Herd are arguably the two best teams in the group. FAU will host FIU and Louisiana Tech, two sides that the Owls have already hosted this year. While FAU lost it's home game against the Panthers, the Owls returned the favor just days later in Sweetwater. FAU beat LaTech 69-61 on the last day of January.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

A Saturday 4pm home match up with FIU is a great opener.  Should be a great atmosphere in The Burrow..  The addition of another Saturday afternoon rivalry game at home is great for the program. FIU has been playing well as of late, winners of last two. (North Texas, Rice)

As we have seen so far this season, CUSA basketball can be tough to predict.  The Owls are playing really good ball at the right time.  A mid-week trip to North Texas will be a big test.  Dusty May and Xavian Stapleton return to his old stomping grounds at Louisiana Tech in a Wednesday night contest. FAU will close out Bonus play with a trip up north to Marshall.

Back to the top

Saturday's turnout against FIU will be interesting…not sure what will happen against La. Tech attendance-wise because that's actually during spring break. But if they can do just under 2,100 on a *Wednesday* night for FIU, what do you get on a Saturday afternoon? I'm expecting a full-court press by FAU's marketing team to get students into The Burrow even if there's no tailgate scheduled (yet).

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Here's the full time slots:

vs FIU 4:00 PM
at UNT 8:00 PM
vs LA Tech 7:00 PM
at Marshall 2:00 PM
Back to the top

JakeElman said

I'm expecting a full-court press by FAU's marketing team to get students into The Burrow even if there's no tailgate scheduled (yet).
Posted On: Feb 17th 2019, 8:43 AM #385245

YES, PLEASE!

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

can't make it out Sat….anyone know about TV coverage?….ESPN 3 hopefully

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

can't make it out Sat….anyone know about TV coverage?….ESPN 3 hopefully
Posted On: Feb 22nd 2019, 10:36 AM #385289

Tomorrow is C-USA TV only, which you have to pay for. But FAU-UNT next Thursday just got flexed to ESPN+…which you still have to pay for, but the broadcast quality is really good.

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top
Control functions: