Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BONUS GAME THREAD: FAU @ Marshall - March 9, 2019

Add topic

We've found our story for the game folks; How GARBAGE these refs are.

Fair play to Dusty May, who is trying with all of his might to keep his emotions cool. But it's hard to just sit by while our boys get shafted.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

We haven't been dominated on the boards like this since Miami. We don't get dominated like this, it just doesn't happen. Especially against the worst rebounding differential team IN THE NATION. This is all on the refs folks.

Back to the top

FINAL.

Owls fall to the Thundering Herd, as the hosts dominate the glass and the FT attempts.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Welp, that was a bit disappointing. But no time to mope around as the C-USA Tournament begins Wednesday.

The boys will NOT be coming back to Boca before heading to Frisco, they'll be going straight from West Virginia either tonight or tomorrow.

While we don't know our seed nor our opponent, here are the two scenarios that will come true by tonight:

Back to the top

The men's basketball team will face Louisiana Tech in the first round of the Conference USA Championship in Frisco, Texas at The Star. The matchup is set for Wednesday, March 13 at 7 p.m.

With an 8-10 C-USA record, FAU is the no. 9 seed, while the Bulldogs (9-9) will be the eight seed. The winner of Wednesday's game will move on to face regular season champion Old Dominion on Thursday.

Under Dusty May, the Owls (17-14) have posted their first winning season in 10 years and also have their best seed at the C-USA Championship (9).

The two teams will face off for the third time this season and second time in a week. La Tech defeated the Owls 72-69 in Boca Raton on March 6 to even the season series.
Back to the top

Decent draw for us. We'll play a team that we matchup well against, and will take on regular season champions ODU in the second round if we advance. While that sounds like a tall task, we did beat the Monarchs earlier in the year.

We'll have more on FAU in the C-USA Tournament soon!

Back to the top
Control functions: