Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin announces Robison will "not be a part of team activities" for Spring

BIG news right out of the gate from the first practice of the Spring session. QB Chris Robison will not take part in team activities due to an "internal issue."

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Ugh! What a great way to start
Back to the top

Second time in as many Springs at FAU (although this one seems a little longer-term than last year).  You hate to make uninformed comments not really knowing what he did last year or this year, but throw in the fact he got booted from OU and I'd say that is 3 strikes and time for FAU to move forward with Littlejohn and Tronti.  I know a lot of guys on here were pretty enamored with Robison last year as a gunslinger, but other than the AF game I wasn't nearly as impressed as some.

Hope he gets his head on straight or if this is something other than for disciplinarian reasons that he is OK.  But "next man up" is an opportunity for one of these other guys to shine (and I think both are talented).
Back to the top

Here we go again. Time to plan on not having him.
Back to the top

I have officially jumped on the Littlejohn and/or Tronti train.

This behavior is inexcusable. A starting quarterback cannot get suspended for the entire Spring and then start games.

Perhaps we need to move on.

Goodbye Christopher Robison. It was nice having you in the Hundred Boca Woods.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top

I'm assuming news will break in the near future that he's gone. I heard a couple other transfers like Zack Bennett are all but gone as well. I wouldn't be worried. Robison isn't the person who was going to make or break us this year. Tronti seems like he has some talent, and a good head on his shoulders, which these days is a luxury. He’s a dancer, so maybe he could be a cheerleader for the Dolphins. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I'm assuming news will break in the near future that he's gone. I heard a couple other transfers like Zack Bennett are all but gone as well. I wouldn't be worried. Robison isn't the person who was going to make or break us this year. Tronti seems like he has some talent, and a good head on his shoulders, which these days is a luxury. He’s a dancer, so maybe he could be a cheerleader for the Dolphins. 
Posted On: Mar 20th 2019, 7:58 PM #385579

Kiffin hinted he doesn't expect any of Dacoda Weaver, Adrian Bryant (I keep wanting to write Antonio, as in the former Bucs WR), and Zack Bennett. Easy to forget Bennett, at one point, was an early favorite to start at center last winter before Diaz arrived. Granted, it was like a week and change, but still.

Assuming Bryant and Bennett leave, neither played a single down for FAU. That puts them with the likes of Nero Nelson, Joey Palmer, Carson Lydon, and Rodney Washingon as JC transfers who never played for or enrolled at FAU after signing. (Meiko Dotson missed all of last year with a hip injury but he's still around.) Six guys in two-plus years is too many…

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Funny how the dancers  were poor performers. All the kickers and the qb. Discipline,  even a little, can be very effective. All this news does not serprise  me , for I am a long time fau fan. Almost immune to shocking, bad news. When will we turn the cornery ?
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Funny how the dancers  were poor performers. All the kickers and the qb. Discipline,  even a little, can be very effective. All this news does not serprise  me , for I am a long time fau fan. Almost immune to shocking, bad news. When will we turn the cornery ?
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:53 AM #385583

Funny how this is still the dumbest argument/correlation anyone has ever made on this forum.

Absolutely ridiculous. It is literally a headline you would see on Fox news.

"Young people dancing and smiling too much is the reason they have no financial discipline''

I saw dozens of players have fun throughout the year and I hope to see even more dancing next year.

Since Lane has been here there has been very few off the field issues (knock on wood). This type of stuff goes on at every school under every coach across the country.

Every year FAU will have a couple of kids who can not seem to stay out of trouble and some player turnover on the roster.

Back to the top
Control functions: