Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin announces Robison will "not be a part of team activities" for Spring

The dancing lol. If they’re on the sidelines then I just have to put up with it it wasn’t particularly endearing to me especially with our ST guys doing it. If it did rub me the wrong way it would have been that one instance that Robison danced right after breaking out of the huddle. As far as having fun, I sure hope not the many players had an amazing experience going 5-7
Back to the top

OC…your first two sentenses show a generational difference between us. I grew up with discipline . I grew up with self responsability. I grew up celebrating  after success. I grew up working hard and sacrificing for success. I HATE seeing player , that are losing, having fun. Thank god my 28 and 22 year old kids have my personal values.  They work harder then any kids I know.  And they dance all the way to the bank.
Back to the top

Let's shelve this until we see if the two biggest dancers we had have a job next year…

(they way it looks, not likely)

Then we can circle back.

Back to the top

Local Owl said

OC…your first two sentenses show a generational difference between us. I grew up with discipline . I grew up with self responsability. I grew up celebrating  after success. I grew up working hard and sacrificing for success. I HATE seeing player , that are losing, having fun. Thank god my 28 and 22 year old kids have my personal values.  They work harder then any kids I know.  And they dance all the way to the bank.
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 10:46 AM #385586

Yes the old "My kids work harder than every else's" This is always so impressive to me because shows you took the time to talk to every kid you know and learn about their lives and found out what makes them tick, successful and what sacrifices they have made.

I bet you know how hard our kicker has worked this offseason.

I bet you know how much pain CR was in when he tried to play on a bum ankle to three weeks because.

These guys might not be perfect, but the old guy pointing his finger from the stands questioning their work ethic is gross.

Back to the top

I think the point Local is making is being missed here…

OC, you were in the military…

For MANY fans of collegiate programs across the nation when their team is playing in a game it is just like being in drill formation for them…its about being serious and taking care of business, and to them it's not dance time.

But regardless, it's their opinion and expectation, and if you disagree, then disagree and leave it at that. No need to bring someones age into it?

Back to the top

And we all saw how that 1st half celebrating helped in those GOD AWFUL 2nd halves! Players, keep your focus and win THE war (game) not just A battle (play).
Back to the top

I have an opinion about the dancing. But. Can we not compare war to a college football game (And, if there's need for clarity…there are Joes who danced, and they're alive. And there are Joes who didn't, and they're dead)?
Back to the top

My point is lack of discipline. On the field. Off the field. In the class roon. In their profession.  I'm very proud of my fau grads. They are not your typica  millenials. They both work for themselves and dont expect anything from anybody. I think lane has a total lack of diiscipline. And little by little we will see the results of that. Robison  us the qb. The leader. This is kiffins third year. Sit back and watch what sideline dancing and interacting with fans get you. .
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My point is lack of discipline. On the field. Off the field. In the class roon. In their profession.  I'm very proud of my fau grads. They are not your typica  millenials. They both work for themselves and dont expect anything from anybody. I think lane has a total lack of diiscipline. And little by little we will see the results of that. Robison  us the qb. The leader. This is kiffins third year. Sit back and watch what sideline dancing and interacting with fans get you. .

Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 4:43 PM #385592

Ok two things here.

I think you should stop forming your ideas on what millennials are like from nightly news.
Maybe take a look around you and see what they are doing and understand what obstacles they face in 2019 (many created by boomers).
I think the first place you should look is this very forum!
You have  four millennials total and two of them(Jack and I) who are are out of college and have jobs yet cover FAU sporting events, put together podcasts, drive to 7on7 tournaments or Miami for a signing, keeping the twitter page active yet have never asked for a single thing. We do this because we love it and are passionate about the school. 

Yet you come here call the program undispline because one of 100 is suspended and take a dump on the generation of who provided the information for you. Baby boomers love capitalism yet I bet If was pushing 7-10 recruiting stories a week and decided to throw a paywall up you would be the first to shake your head at it.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Funny how the dancers  were poor performers. All the kickers and the qb. Discipline,  even a little, can be very effective. All this news does not serprise  me , for I am a long time fau fan. Almost immune to shocking, bad news. When will we turn the cornery ?
Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 5:53 AM #385583

Funny how this is still the dumbest argument/correlation anyone has ever made on this forum.

Absolutely ridiculous. It is literally a headline you would see on Fox news.

"Young people dancing and smiling too much is the reason they have no financial discipline''

I saw dozens of players have fun throughout the year and I hope to see even more dancing next year.

Since Lane has been here there has been very few off the field issues (knock on wood). This type of stuff goes on at every school under every coach across the country.

Every year FAU will have a couple of kids who can not seem to stay out of trouble and some player turnover on the roster.

Posted On: Mar 21st 2019, 9:05 AM #385584

There’s the intolerant OC, where have you been hiding?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: