Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Former FSU QB Deondre Francois to Walk On at FAU

Lane has said he wants to mimic (as best he can) what he saw at Alabama and you see at Clemson - competition at every position so you get guys who are the best starting AND you get the players coming off the bench who are trying to prove something.  That is really good at most positions, and having depth to handle injuries is obviously a good thing.  But at the QB position, in my opinion it is better to have a multi-year starter that leads into the next multi-year starter.  What the Owls have right now is a group of guys who are all going to be here across each other's remaining eligibility.  If CR returns, he could be the starter for 3 more seasons - meaning Francois probably leaves, Tronti doesn't see the field as a starter, and Littlejohn if he stays would be a possible1-year starter as a Senior.  If CR isn't around (or gets beaten out - which is very possible with Francois), you have Francois for 2 years, Tronti maybe for 1, and Littlejohn for 1.

That is not awful if you have a really good player for 2 years and then RS Seniors running the show for 2 years.  But in today's college football environment, will all of these guys hang around?  And trying to get back to Francois, is he on campus?  Will he be there for Summer school and whatever voluntary drills the guys have?  I was really impressed with him as a Freshman, and think he clearly has the ability to be a special CUSA QB based on that year, but he needs to get with the team to build some relationships and timing with the skill guys.  And like others have said, if we don't have improved WR play and O-line play anybody at the QB position might look a lot like Francois and CR did last year.
Back to the top

What’s with saying you root hard for another team much less one in Florida like FSU. Are you sure you should be here instead of the FSU message board
Back to the top

Agreed, D-Bag is not necessary and over the line…this is a fan site, and these are amateur athletes we're talking about.

Please be mindful of that, and the fact that they, coaches, and family members read this forum.

Back to the top

Rick said

Agreed, D-Bag is not necessary and over the line…this is a fan site, and these are amateur athletes we're talking about.

Please be mindful of that, and the fact that they, coaches, and family members read this forum.

Posted On: May 22nd 2019, 10:24 AM #386440

My apologies Rick I agree that was over the line. I’m not one to usually take personal shots but my patience has wore thin with CR. Still not an excuse and I rescind that statement 
Back to the top

owlmart said

In our schools history, we’ve never had a freshmen qb look good, or even decent, so I’m not shocked CR struggled last yr.  These allegations are horrible, but it doesn’t seem to be more than that and he is innocent unless proven otherwise.  
Posted On: May 22nd 2019, 8:12 AM #386435

The allegations themselves are troubling when you consider his (lack of) maturity and (bad) judgment, even without the "criminal" aspect. However, the other elements that many want to say are "no big deal" should be scrutinized by the university when you consider why he was kicked out of OU in the first place.

Back to the top

LawOwl said

My apologies Rick I agree that was over the line. I’m not one to usually take personal shots but my patience has wore thin with CR. Still not an excuse and I rescind that statement 
Posted On: May 22nd 2019, 11:34 AM #386441

All good!

Appreciate your reply and consideration  :cool:

Not sure why my reply got two one star votes though…

:Laughing:

Back to the top

Rick said

LawOwl said

Posted On: May 22nd 2019, 11:34 AM #386441

All good!

Appreciate your reply and consideration  :cool:

Not sure why my reply got two one star votes though…

:Laughing:

Posted On: May 22nd 2019, 3:39 PM #386444

Haha.  I meant to click a thumbs up but my phone is too small or my fingers are too fat
Back to the top

That Mike Bianchi story is being spread by other papers here in GA (where it appears we've been trying to recruit at an up-tick). And I wouldn't care but for "Final Alternative University" bullsh*t.
Back to the top

I just saw that article by I guess a UCf beat writer in Orlando about De’Andre, calling us Final Alternative University. This is the same school that said they were national champs after beating a couple pathetic P5 teams and an auburn team that didn’t want to be there. I think this article has a very defensive attitude. It’s like people at ucf are mad we’re becoming a serious football school. 
Back to the top

That dude is literally a walking idiot. Don't pay him any mind, don't read any of his articles. He's had a personal vendetta against FAU for years now.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: