Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

Does anyone know if the ESPN + games will be picked up locally as they have for years or is that the only option?

If no, this in NOT good news.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Does anyone know if the ESPN + games will be picked up locally as they have for years or is that the only option?

Posted On: May 30th 2019, 9:52 PM #386613

I know that in years past, if you have a smart tv, you could watch the ESPN 3 broadcasts on your tv streaming. I hope the local station continues to pick those games up. Very important for the community to have regular  access to the program 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

And cbs sports is disappointing for ucf, but I’m happy they put the game time and day first and not tv for that game 
Posted On: May 30th 2019, 1:34 PM #386607

Yea I was hoping for ESPN to pick that one up like last year 
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Games can still be picked up if a station decides to pay for the rights…
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I mean espn+ is $4.99 a month. I already subscribe and with the amount of sports they have added it makes a lot of sense to subscribe. 

If you aren’t willing to pay for it at least for the football season you aren’t really a FAU fan
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

dusky256fc said

I mean espn+ is $4.99 a month. I already subscribe and with the amount of sports they have added it makes a lot of sense to subscribe. 

If you aren’t willing to pay for it at least for the football season you aren’t really a FAU fan
Posted On: May 31st 2019, 7:31 AM #386617

Delt with the HOT take!!!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I'm never one to tell someone how to spend their money, but you can subscribe for $4.99 a month and cancel anytime. The football season is only 3 months long.  For $15, you can watch all of the FAU games on the service and then cancel it until next year.  

They also are offering a 7-day free trial, so you can probably save some money that way if you time it right.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

This is definitely a generational perspective.

Streaming is the way of the future and ESPN+ is a good platform for people who cut the cord, which grows every year.

I could see if you are already paying for cable and internet plus an extra sports package and now need to pay, but in the end, most people are not doing that anymore. ESPN+ is an app that is on most newer TV's, Roku's, PS4/XBOX.
Any Owl fan across the country with internet service can watch, included younger alum and students who are not dropping a couple of hundred bucks a month on cable and internet.
Back to the top

Out-of-Towners, check on single game tickets...
Back to the top

Article from Ohio about the season opener saying they think Osu will struggle against us in the first half but pull away for a 52-21 win. I don’t know where we’re getting 21 points from 
Back to the top
Control functions: