Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Way Too Early Look at 2019 Thread

Art Vandelay said

Is Tahveon Nicholson going to JUCO?

Posted On: Jun 26th 2019, 8:04 PM #386961

Yes.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

jgf2017 said

It’s  hard for me to understand why so many guys can’t make grades. I thought I heard that the Schmidt center will have tutors also. There’s got to be a way to get more qualify. It seems like all our best recruits are like 50/50 at best. While it is promising to have guys here like Deante Nelson and Eyan Cole, and it certainly shows they must have a great head on their shoulders for making it here, I was psyched when We got Wynn. Now he might be here in January? Yikes that’s what came to mind was we’ve been here before. And I forgot Toombs. Hopefully he’ll make it
Posted On: Jun 25th 2019, 10:36 PM #386951

Once s prospect signs his NLI, what can FAU do to help ensure they qualify? Can they recommend tutors or assist in any way at all? Don't know, just asking but sure seems in the programs best interest to do so if allowed. I do realize sometimes we are able t get a kid that the BigBoys have basically given up on recruiting just because of grades or injuries so we sometimes take more risks due to this!
Posted On: Jun 26th 2019, 6:41 AM #386952

Most of the guys that FAU knew were close grades wise never signed an NLI, so they would not count against the class. We had 33 "commit'' FAU knew that the would end with 25-26.

FAU can not do a single thing to help a kid qaulify while he is still in high school.

Back to the top

There are a couple I really wish didn't get away from us (realizing they're far more disappointed than I am…). But I'm still pretty happy with this class as the dust is settling.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

There are a couple I really wish didn't get away from us (realizing they're far more disappointed than I am…). But I'm still pretty happy with this class as the dust is settling.
Posted On: Jun 26th 2019, 8:35 PM #386964

Yea lets see when the dust settles which not might be until some kids come in January.

Getting players like Jean, Henry, Nelson, and McCammon is huge.
Back to the top

Back to the top

FYI from Conference USA football media guide…players need to be at FAU camp by August 1. So that likely puts first day of actual practice a day later (the first Friday in August). Media Day is the 18th, that third Sunday. 

We usually get the full media availability schedule later in July with what practices are open to the media, so those may not be coming just yet. There have usually been a scrimmage or two open to the fans the last couple years, whether in Boca or on the road. 

Twitter: @JakeElman97
Back to the top

Maybe I missed it, but did Cook make it to Campus? Or is this an August 1st kind of question?
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Maybe I missed it, but did Cook make it to Campus? Or is this an August 1st kind of question?
Posted On: Jul 11th 2019, 12:50 PM #387187

From what I know, Glover Cook, Xavier Roberts, and Jeremiah Ashe have qualified and will be here for camp.

Back to the top

Cool, thanks.
Back to the top

Shane, since we're a few weeks out from August 1 but a bunch of us are itching, lets talk WRs…seen some news lately that we have a few transfers.

Bama WR Chris Herring - know anything about him or will he just be adding depth? I can't really find anything on his HS stats, doesn't look like he played at Bama.
USF transfer - is he gonna play DB or WR?
Lewis from UCF- another slot guy?

WR is one of those positions where freshman can contribute, just look at the national championship game, who should we keep an eye on to break into the starting rotation by the end of camp?
Back to the top
Control functions: